Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Michael Rainsberry
    • By Michael Rainsberry 10th Feb 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Michael Rainsberry
    Traffic Management Act 2004
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:39 PM
    Traffic Management Act 2004 10th Feb 18 at 7:39 PM
    I wonder how many people assume that their local authority has abided by the Traffic Management Act 2004 when in fact, they haven't. Local Authorities have a duty to consult and then publicise changes to traffic management and this includes parking. They can't just put up a sign about parking restrictions in the hope that everyone sees what the new rules are. I believe that if they did issue a PCN that it would be invalid. What do you think?
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    • 8,226 Posts
    • 7,544 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    I think that you have posted on the wrong board.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 8,371 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 10th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    TMA 2004 has nothing to do with private parking, so any thoughts are kind-of surplus.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 54,086 Posts
    • 67,757 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    Not the wrong board, because this is a parking tickets forum. We just choose to refer everything to pepipoo as they have more experts there about the TMA and Council PCNs.

However the above is quite a vague post, not about a PCN. I do agree that most people don't realise that MOST Council PCNs are perfectly able to be cancelled on appeal, and that all they need to do is gather evidence, get themselves on pepipoo and realise that the first appeal is likely not to be the winning stage, but the second stage or Adjudication IS likely to be won, IMHO in most cases.

Because yes, Councils screw up Traffic Orders and signs & lines and PCNs, and CEOs make errors.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,502Posts Today

8,273Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks for all the tweets this week. I'm about to sign off for the weekend. See you next week. Have a good one. Martin

• RT @TimesMoney: Is this how you feel about your student loan? @MartinSLewis has some advice for you. Read our exclusive interview in @Times?

• RT @brokenbottleboy: @MartinSLewis I look better now than I did when I was in my twenties. Grey hair has been a good thing!

• Follow Martin