Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yvonnerob
    • By yvonnerob 10th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yvonnerob
    New off grid boiler required Oil vs LPG???
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    New off grid boiler required Oil vs LPG??? 10th Feb 18 at 7:29 PM
    My current Potterton Statesman flowsure oil boiler has gone bang apparently needs a new solenoid and electrode and apparently a part is obsolete so rendering it !!!!!!ed????
    So do I go for a new Oil boiler circa £2000+ or change to LPG where the boilers are much cheaper but understand LPG is slightly dearer . Currently using about 2000 lts per year on oil
    Any comments/suggestions welcome
Page 1
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 12th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    • 5,171 Posts
    • 6,578 Thanks
    A. Badger
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    I would check first to make sure the parts are really unavailable - heating companies like selling new boilers. Beyond that, if I had to get a new one, I'd stay with oil on the grounds that it's a more competitive market with greater choices when buying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,038Posts Today

7,740Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's surreal Friday twitter poll: If you had a choice between aging on the inside or the outside, for the rest? https://t.co/gabklHJ0w1

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Final shoot for this series of The Martin Lewis Money Show! Have loved meeting & helping empower? https://t.co/MOtvb73nVu

• RT @LaraLewington: Riding a remote control electric skateboard is obviously best done in heels. Max speed 22mph, but maybe trainers for tha?

• Follow Martin