Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• dsdhall
    • By dsdhall 10th Feb 18, 1:48 PM
    • 323Posts
    • 316Thanks
    PCN from havering council
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:48 PM
    PCN from havering council 10th Feb 18 at 1:48 PM
    My wife received a PCN from Havering Council today "for stopping in a restricted area outside a school when prohibited."

Aside from the fact we've never been to the location in question, the photo of the vehicle has a very similar number plate, her's ends in H, this one looks like an M.

Anyway, it should be easy enough to contest but I'd like to view the CCTV footage in addition to the single still photo, but the main reason for posting here is the PCN says we can both view CCTV footage and challenge the PCN by going to the website

Neither of us can access this website, and a bit of digging shows it doesn't even currently exist. I was wondering if anyone knows if that is supposed to be the right website. it seems incredible that they'd put an invalid website address on their correspondence.

There is no phone number or email address to contact the council about PCNs. The choice is in person (we live 100 miles away) or by post.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Feb 18, 1:51 PM
    • 2,813 Posts
    • 3,472 Thanks
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:51 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:51 PM
    As this is a council ticket you are better off asking on the Pepipoo forum found here
    This space for hire.
    • dsdhall
    • By dsdhall 10th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    thank you for the pointer to the alternative forum. After a bit of digging I found an appropriate link on the Havering Council website -
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 54,754 Posts
    • 68,428 Thanks
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    Mention the issue in your appeal and call it a procedural impropriety.

But first, register on pepipoo (NO hotmail emails!) and post a new thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,758Posts Today

7,118Users online

Martin's Twitter