Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oasis6798
    • By Oasis6798 10th Feb 18, 12:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Oasis6798
    Issue with Currys on 30 return of oven
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:51 PM
    Issue with Currys on 30 return of oven 10th Feb 18 at 12:51 PM
    Hi

I paid instore for a Hoover oven with installation on 30th December 2017

Currys/Knowhow botched the delivery & install days (I was refunded £30 because they admitted it was their fault)

Oven finally got installed last week and after an hour or so of use I noticed an issue with the fan.

KnowHow repair team came out today and said the unit in oven is faulty and oven would have to be replaced. I said fine go ahead.

KnowHow then phoned me an hour later and say Hoover don't trust what the KnowHow team say and will need to come out themselves next week.

I then asked for oven to be uplifted and asked for a refund because I'm no longer willing waste anymore of my time dealing with this.

KnowHow then say because purchase was over 30 days ago I cant get a refund!

The only reason it was over 30 days is because of the botched delivery between Currys/KnowHow

Any advice on what my rights are would be greatly appreciated!
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 10th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 10,947 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    Contact Currys again and point out to them that the 30 day period in which you have the short term right of rejection begins on the day of delivery and not from the date of purchase.

(3)

The time limit for exercising the short-term right to reject (unless subsection (4) applies) is the end of 30 days beginning with the first day after these have all happened

(a) ownership or (in the case of a contract for the hire of goods, a hire-purchase agreement or a conditional sales contract) possession of the goods has been transferred to the consumer,

(b) the goods have been delivered, and

(c) where the contract requires the trader to install the goods or take other action to enable the consumer to use them, the trader has notified the consumer that the action has been taken.
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/22/enacted
    • Oasis6798
    • By Oasis6798 10th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oasis6798
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply, that is a great help!
    • Oasis6798
    • By Oasis6798 10th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oasis6798
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    Went into Currys and dealt with the rudest person I've ever encountered.

Point blank refused to acknowledge Consumer act, says there is nothing Currys can do until fault verified by a Hoover engineer who comes out on Thursday.

As far as I'm concerned the oven has a fault (as verified by teamknow who were sent in by Currys!) after only an hour of use, I'm not happy with it and want it returned with a full refund.

I now foresee me be stuck in a 3 way argument between Currys, Team KnowHow and Hoover all blaming each other meanwhile I'm still without a properly functioning oven.

An absolute nightmare, if anyone can help further please let me know.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 10th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 11,897 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    What are the exact dates involved here?

Ordered on x date
    Delivered on x date
    Installed on x date
    Notified currys (of the fault) on x date

They are allowed to confirm the fault but it looks like their own engineer has already done that so should be no need to have the manufacturer out unless they are saying their own engineer is incompetent for the job currys sent them to do.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • Oasis6798
    • By Oasis6798 10th Feb 18, 6:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oasis6798
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:35 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:35 PM
    Ordered on 30 December
    Delivered on 13 Jan
    Installed on 28 Jan
    Notified Currys (of the fault) on 7th Feb

Team KnowHow arrived today on behalf of Currys and confirmed fault.

The gguy who came in today said we will get a replacement

TeamKnow then called a bit later and said and I quote "Hoover don't trust our inspections"
    Last edited by Oasis6798; 10-02-2018 at 6:53 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,888Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter