Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 10th Feb 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2,662Posts
    • 2,765Thanks
    LadyDee
    0 WOW
    Reglazing Specs
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:06 AM
    0 WOW
    Reglazing Specs 10th Feb 18 at 11:06 AM
    I want to have my current frames reglazed to my new prescription, so I'm looking for up-to-date recommendations please or, even more importantly, any places to avoid. Varifocals, transition lenses.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Dox
    • By Dox 11th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Dox
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    Starting point is surely your optician? He/she can advise on whether such a route is feasible - it may not be with varifocals/transition lenses, depending on how much your prescription has changed.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 11th Feb 18, 3:31 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:31 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:31 PM
    Starting point is surely your optician? He/she can advise on whether such a route is feasible - it may not be with varifocals/transition lenses, depending on how much your prescription has changed.
    Originally posted by Dox
    Yes, I did that. They charge the same for re-glazing as they do for buying the whole spectacles! That's why I'm looking for recommendations as above.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 11th Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    • 13,559 Posts
    • 17,787 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    I have used Reglazemyglasses twice for varifocals. Good service and no issues. The last pair accidentally got a scratch on a lens after 10 months and they replaced both lenses FOC despite them also having an expensive Transitions XTRActive coating.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    I have used Reglazemyglasses twice for varifocals. Good service and no issues. The last pair accidentally got a scratch on a lens after 10 months and they replaced both lenses FOC despite them also having an expensive Transitions XTRActive coating.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Thanks, I'll check them out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,900Posts Today

7,781Users online

Martin's Twitter