Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daz_79
    • By daz_79 9th Feb 18, 7:59 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 28Thanks
    daz_79
    EA Not Notified Us Buyer Has Changed
    • #1
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:59 PM
    EA Not Notified Us Buyer Has Changed 9th Feb 18 at 7:59 PM
    Hi, am I right to be annoyed or am I overreacting? After many months of trying to sell our house at the same time as praying the new build we wanted wasn!!!8217;t bought by somebody else we finally accepted an offer 2 and a half weeks ago and thought all was well. We knew the buyer was a young first time buyer with a mortgage in place.
    Our Mortgage Broker suggested we speak to our EA as we haven!!!8217;t had any contact regarding a valuation and she thought this seemed odd.
    On speaking to our EA they have informed us that our buyers boyfriend has now decided to buy our property but doesn!!!8217;t currently have a mortgage in place yet and needs to finalise this on return from a 2 week holiday. They have known of this change for at least a week and a half.
    We are now concerned he may not be successful and unless our original buyer decides to continue our sale may fall through.
    We were progressing with our own purchase but are now tentative and our joy of achieving a sale somewhat dashed.
    Am I being unreasonable expecting my EA to inform me of this change of plan? Had we not called today I don!!!8217;t know when or if they would have told us. Thanks.
    Last edited by daz_79; 09-02-2018 at 8:07 PM.
    Darren
Page 1
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 9th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 451 Thanks
    HampshireH
    • #2
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    • #2
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    Sounds a bit strange. I would be annoyed as it's caused/could cause possible delays
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 9th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 8,240 Posts
    • 8,965 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • #3
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • #3
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    I'd be exceptionally peed off and want it back on the market.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 9th Feb 18, 9:16 PM
    • 43,214 Posts
    • 50,790 Thanks
    G_M
    • #4
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:16 PM
    • #4
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:16 PM
    Instruct your EA to pu tthe property back on the market as the buyer you accepted has withdrawn.
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 9th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 7,193 Thanks
    deannatrois
    • #5
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • #5
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    This change would not only make the EA look a bit suspect but the buyers as well. Has the other buyer withdrawn because she actually doesn't have the mortgage?
    • daz_79
    • By daz_79 9th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    daz_79
    • #6
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • #6
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    As it was my Wife who spoke to one of the staff and relayed the information to me I have since left a message asking the Manager to contact me to dicuss further. If the original buyers boyfriend can obtain a mortgage and proceed in good time I will count my blessings and be thankful it was only a close call. If he cannot proceed or decides against it then our own property purchase will fall through and it is then I will hit the roof. I hope I receive an upate very early next week.
    Darren
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 9th Feb 18, 9:49 PM
    • 8,240 Posts
    • 8,965 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • #7
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:49 PM
    • #7
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:49 PM
    He's not back from holiday yet, then he's got to go through the whole application process, it could take weeks, he might not get a mortgage, and he couldn't be bothered or have the common courtesy to let you know before he went away, and thought you'd just meekly wait around.

    Start getting some new buyers lined up rather than letting them drive the process.
    Last edited by AnotherJoe; 09-02-2018 at 9:51 PM.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 9th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 57,492 Posts
    • 50,792 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • #8
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • #8
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    needs to finalise this on return from a 2 week holiday.
    Originally posted by daz_79
    Suspect these buyers are spinning some yarns......
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • daz_79
    • By daz_79 10th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    daz_79
    • #9
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • #9
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    I just hope my EA responds to my strong request for a call on Monday to let me know what the hell is going on.
    Darren
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    • 43,214 Posts
    • 50,790 Thanks
    G_M
    I just hope my EA responds to my strong request for a call on Monday to let me know what the hell is going on.
    Originally posted by daz_79
    Stop 'requesting' (mildly or strongly) and instruct your EA what to do!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,663Users online

Martin's Twitter