Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yogii
    • By Yogii 9th Feb 18, 6:42 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Yogii
    Out of Stock Product Price Change - Help!!
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:42 PM
    Out of Stock Product Price Change - Help!! 9th Feb 18 at 6:42 PM
    Hey guys,

Im looking for some guidance please.

I placed an order for a graphics card with a company called Novatech almost 3 weeks ago. I knew the card was out of stock but I was told they expected more within a month or so, and I was happy to wait. So I placed my order and paid (with PayPal) a total of 251.99.

I received a call yesterday saying that they now have the card in stock but they have now increased the price to 347.99! According to them, they are within their rights to alter the price of an out of stock product and charge existing orders more when stock comes in (with the customers consent).

Obviously I wasnt particularly pleased with the prospect of having to fork out an extra 100. I have emailed their customer service team with a very detailed summary, but just received a fairly standard palm off reply.

In the 3 weeks that have passed, prices have gone up everywhere and if I had known this type of price increase was possible I would have looked elsewhere for a company that had them in stock.

Id like to know if this is something companies can do, and any suggestions for what I should do next! I personally want to go full on bat sh*t crazy and do anything and everything possible not to have to pay an extra 100!

Cheers!!!

Yogii
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Feb 18, 6:56 PM
    • 5,219 Posts
    • 10,698 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:56 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:56 PM
    You have two options.

Pay the new price

Cancel your order for a refund.

You have no rights to the item at the 250, whether you have a tantrum at them or not.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 9th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 1,911 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    Check their T&C's, I suspect it will state no contract is formed until order is dispatched.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,570Users online

Martin's Twitter