Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mae
    • By mae 9th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,458Posts
    • 821Thanks
    mae
    Low Fat Natural/Greek Yoghurt and Hard Cheese
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    Low Fat Natural/Greek Yoghurt and Hard Cheese 9th Feb 18 at 6:12 PM
    Hi

I am trying to reduce my cholesterol. I am not over weight and I eat already mostly healthy and the areas I don't I am already making changes ie sugar laden snacks.

I cook from scratch so I don't eat ready meal type things except when we have the odd take away.

I don't eat anything 'low fat' as I have always been led to believe they are just bulked up with sugars or other bad ingredients.

However I do see a lot advice advising low fat cheese. I dont eat a lot of cheese but when I do I eat mature cheddar cheese. If I bought a low fat version would it just have some fat removed or would it be bulked up with unhealthy ingredients?

Same with natural and greek yoghurt.. I eat a little a day but is it worth changing to low fat or will nasties be replaced with the fat?
Page 1
    • tori.k
    • By tori.k 9th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 3,064 Posts
    • 7,409 Thanks
    tori.k
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    Cheese and unflavored natural yogurt will be fine only ingredients should be milk regardless if it's full fat or semi skimmed.
    Debit to Credit (stage 1) 3652.34 completed 15/10/16
    Debit to Credit (stage 2) 6299.09 completed 25/06/17
    Save 12k in 2018 #76 3000/6000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter