Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Titan2017
    • By Titan2017 9th Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Titan2017
    Parking fine - nwcp - please help
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    Parking fine - nwcp - please help 9th Feb 18 at 5:12 PM
    Hello, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with a parking charge notice issued by NWCP.

I today left work to get my car from Preston Bus Station Car Park only to notice a PCN on my windscreen . I pay a private company £29.99 per month to park on the top two floors which is directly linked to my place of work.

The fine has been issued for the following reason;

' Not parked within the confines of an allocated parking bay'.

The car was parked within the bay and my driver side wheel was turned slightly which meant about a quarter of my wheel wasn't within the blue box painted on the floor. Despite this it was not impeding other drivers from parking in the next bay as there is a clearly defined area between each space.

I checked the NWCP website and it says they will not accept an appeal for the following reason; Your car was on or over the marked lines of a parking bay, the term “within the confines of an allocated parking bay,” means inside the marked white lines of the bay.

In this instance there are no white lines on this particular car park merely blue boxes painted on the floor. I have no idea how to proceed with this and what to do next. Can anyone provide any advice or guidance it will be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 5:15 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:15 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:15 PM
    please remember the person that leases the car park from PCC also owns the parking company , craftily hidden under his wifes named

Mr "I own most of preston now" Rigby
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Titan2017
    • By Titan2017 9th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Titan2017
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    So are you saying not only am I paying Mr Rigby to park my car on his leased land I'm also paying his company a fine for parking on his leased land?

Any suggestions on how I should proceed, I've read a few forums online saying to ignore the initial PCN and wait for the second letter to come through? Any help will be appreciated
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 3,235 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    Take a read of these faq's http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    So are you saying not only am I paying Mr Rigby to park my car on his leased land I'm also paying his company a fine for parking on his leased land?

Any suggestions on how I should proceed, I've read a few forums online saying to ignore the initial PCN and wait for the second letter to come through? Any help will be appreciated
    Originally posted by Titan2017

YES , in future , just hand your keys to the parking attendant and TELL them to park it!!

<joking>
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    does your contact with NWCP state "see additional terms and conditions - available on site"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Titan2017
    • By Titan2017 9th Feb 18, 8:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Titan2017
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:31 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:31 PM
    Cheers, no it doesn't say anything on there about further details online. It signposts me to the Independent Appeals Service but that's about it
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    no , I meant your contact at £29.99 per month ,

they simply cannot add on terms and conditions that are not in the contract

your contact stated 1 x parking space , at no point did it state a additiona fee for parking over a line

dont worry , if they push this to court , they usually (one case) make a proverbial %ock up http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=NW+Car+Parks+Ltd

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209494449-NW-Car-Parks-Ltd
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Titan2017
    • By Titan2017 9th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Titan2017
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    Thanks waamo. I've had a read of the thread there's a lot of information to take in for a newbie. The PCN was issued by North West Car Parks and the IPC logo is used on the ticket.

Does this mean I should wait until 26th day to appeal and wait for their 2nd letter to arrive?

Sorry if I sound stupid
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 8:51 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Thanks waamo. I've had a read of the thread there's a lot of information to take in for a newbie. The PCN was issued by North West Car Parks and the IPC logo is used on the ticket.

Does this mean I should wait until 26th day to appeal and wait for their 2nd letter to arrive?

Sorry if I sound stupid
    Originally posted by Titan2017

probably , and I suggest not giving Mr rigby any more money and start using the park and ride in preston

the guy wants his cake and eat it , he realised that he could screw extra money from people ONLY allowed on those floors , £100 per ticket is almost 4 mths extra income in his coffers
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 11:46 PM
    • 54,103 Posts
    • 67,777 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can anyone provide any advice or guidance it will be greatly appreciated.
    IPC firm guidance in the NEWBIES thread says send the appeal only after a NTK arrives.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 11:55 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    in this case the land owner (leesee) is the same as the v parking co , and as you and me know , do have rights on that land

"I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,

may be incorrect in this situation

vote with your feet , you and all your friends/colleges , park elsewhere , the guy is a leach
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,319Posts Today

7,735Users online

Martin's Twitter