Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • calum384
    • By calum384 9th Feb 18, 3:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    calum384
    Civil Service Recruitment
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:33 PM
    Civil Service Recruitment 9th Feb 18 at 3:33 PM
    Hi all,

I recently had an interview for a Civil Service position (Mon 22nd Jan). I was told I would find out the result of the interview by last week, however did not.

I contacted the recruitment team yesterday and they said they haven't recieved the results of any of the interviews.

I was just wandering if anyone else has had a similar experience and whether I can expect a response to my interview soon (as it is a job I really hope to secure).

All the best,

C
Page 1
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 9th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 10,369 Posts
    • 8,511 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    Unless it was for a specific Civil Service post rather than just a recruitment exercise for a CS grade, there is likely to be weeks if not months before a successful candidate takes up a position. It is not unknown for interview results to be late, so I can only advise patience.
    • calum384
    • By calum384 9th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    calum384
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    Just FYI, it is for a specific governmental department/position. Thanks for the reply.
    • LadyMcFinch
    • By LadyMcFinch 14th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LadyMcFinch
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    Even for specific jobs, Civil Service Recruiting can take ages - the interviewers can only guess how long it will take because part of the process is out of their hands. For example, for my current job I was told at the interview it would probably take 2 weeks for me to hear back, but it took a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,888Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter