Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi Houtman,

You would need a Twitter account to contact us there, or if you Facebook Message in and ask for Mike (or Becky) we can pick this up there. We really want to get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

Why don`t you post a link for facebook where he can contact you via messenger?

Also not everyone uses twitter/facebook
  • Houtman
    Houtman Posts: 54 Forumite
    Good point 2010,thank you very much for making that valid point
    .....and would someone in my position want their situation broadcast through social media?More to the point,would TT?!

onomatopoeia99,you are a great help,thank you.I will see if I can obtain that information before proceeding.

Possibly the TT help offered on here is genuine,but all my interaction with that company show to the contrary,so forewarned is forearmed,as they say.

I aim to make some headway this week,maybe do a bit more tonight,if fit enough.
    Thanks again.
  • Houtman wrote: »
    .....and would someone in my position want their situation broadcast through social media?More to the point,would TT?!

Is that not what you're doing at the moment?

They're offering to help on here but you seem reluctant to accept it regardless of your past experiences.
  • Houtman
    Maybe Colin,do you know my name,which schools I attended,who my friends and relatives are ....shall I continue?

Reluctant is not the right word...like I suggested,I`m proceeding with caution...like I said,forewarned is forearmed.This is a very slippery company and I need to be careful going forward.

Regardless isn`t the right word either,is it?

Do you have shares in TalkTalk? :)

Anyway,I`ll let you crack on with helping others,I see you`ve been thanked many times so you are a valuable and respected member of this community.

Thanks again to the good folks who have offered constructive advice,much appreciated.The more the merrier,I`ll certainly be following all your advice in tackling this issue,and will engage with TalkTalk once they give me the platform to do so!....after I`ve followed the cautions alluded to previously,thanks to advice received from this great site.
    Ok,I`m going to check out the Competition section,see if there`s any dosh to be won.
    Thanks again everyone
  • Houtman wrote: »
    Maybe Colin,do you know my name,which schools I attended,who my friends and relatives are ....shall I continue?

Reluctant is not the right word...like I suggested,I`m proceeding with caution...like I said,forewarned is forearmed.This is a very slippery company and I need to be careful going forward.

Regardless isn`t the right word either,is it?

Do you have shares in TalkTalk? :)

Anyway,I`ll let you crack on with helping others,I see you`ve been thanked many times so you are a valuable and respected member of this community.

Thanks again to the good folks who have offered constructive advice,much appreciated.The more the merrier,I`ll certainly be following all your advice in tackling this issue,and will engage with TalkTalk once they give me the platform to do so!....after I`ve followed the cautions alluded to previously,thanks to advice received from this great site.
    Ok,I`m going to check out the Competition section,see if there`s any dosh to be won.
    Thanks again everyone

Ahh, you're one of those people who only want everybody to agree completely with yourself? Woe is me...

I'll leave you to your little rants then because I'm getting the feeling you enjoy being hard done by. Have a nice day.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm pretty sure the rep meant via private Facebook message, so you wouldn't be broadcasting your situation. MSE doesn't allow company reps to send or receive PMs which is why you have been directed to an alternative social media site.

It goes without saying that a social media team are usually contacted via social media. So if you don't have an account on Facebook or Twitter, then you can contact them by other means that are not social media. They have plenty of 'platforms' to contact them on if social media is not a favourite of yours.

Alternatively, other posters have offered you other advice that doesn't require a social media account.

I now await the inevitable 'you must work for TT', or 'do you have shares in TT' comments to come ;)
  • Houtman
    mije1983,Thanks for expanding on what the rep was unable to convey. I`ve never thought of social media such as Facebook or twitter in the manner of favouritism,but nonetheless I don`t intend creating a Facebook or twitter account,as I don`t pander to the people who have a duty to contact me over these matters...gawd I`ve tried so many times,I have hours of recording attesting to this fact.They have all my details because I`ve been with them for 27 months!I will however search for the "plenty of platforms" you alluded to.
    Yes,I have thanked the other posters for their very useful advice.
    Like I said,I`m doing the groundwork before contacting one of the two reps on here....health permitting.
    Please,if anyone has anything else to add that may be helpful,and doesn`t smack of criticism,I`ll appreciate it,otherwise I will fill in with my results as they materialise.I will try the CAB again tomorrow,but no luck through web chat on the several occasions I tried today.
    This is work in progress.
  • Has anyone got an email address for the main CAB centre please.I can`t find one anywhere through google.I tried web chat on several occasions yesterday and today,but I just keep getting this message...

"Our advisers are busy right now but please try again later. To find details of your local Citizens Advice office click here."

I already have phone numbers but am unable to talk at the moment due to mouth healing after medical procedure,so email/messaging is my only option

CAB site also states....

"If webchat isn`t available
    You might get a message saying you can send an email instead - an adviser should get back to you within 4 working days."

Nope,no such luck,no email address forthcoming.

Thanks in anticipation
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Instead of going around in circles do what TT rep said .
    Open Twitter or Facebook account contact them once sorted delete accounts .
    CAB may help or point you in the right direction but TT have the information .
  • Houtman
    No,I wont open either of those accounts thanks very much,I do not jump through hoops for anyone especially TT. I`ll get there with the advice from MSE members"2010" & "onomatopoeia99"....and member by the name of "JJ Egan",that suggested several posts back,to contact the CAB ;) Quote:- "Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them about getting legal assistance."

All traces of Facebook accounts are supposed to be notoriously difficult to erase...and I know nothing about twitter,apart from what lawyer Cameron said.

I`m on the case,now I`ve been given good advice by the aforementioned folk on here.I`m using the pincer movement.I only asked for an email address for the CAB.

Please no more criticism on my approach,or telling me I should do as I`m told by TT,who couldn`t even provide me with links!
    Only constructive advice,thanks again 2010 and onomatopoeia99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure