Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 9th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Houtman
    Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+
    • 9th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+ 9th Feb 18 at 2:13 PM
    Please could someone advise me on how a chronically ill individual on low Benefits, can get legal assistance against TalkTalk?
    Since Sept`17,in spite of me phoning them many times,taking many hours of my stressed time,they have made no effort to reimburse and compensate me for incorrect,fabricated billing and an appalling Internet service for 22 months to that date(which they continued to bill me for...I wasn`t stupid enough to pay though).Without Internet or phone for up to a week at a time on many occasions.Open Leech visits galore over many months(neighbour with Sky had around a dozen or more too,but they compensated her very handsomely,so she`s still with them),other neighbours too.Old crumbly copper cables,two cabinets,4 km to the Exchange,while fibre sat in the ground for 5yrs!25m overhead cable replaced by the least smart of Open Leech team,leaving us without Internet&phone connection for a week....they didn`t bother to connect up when they`d finished!In the end I gave the last engineer instructions from an ex-BT engineer to follow for my neighbour`s issues.He duly did so,and then my engineer did the same for my connection.One day TalkTalk/Open Leech fielded two engineers to my property.
    Open Leech continually found Internet capped to 1/2 meg,that`s when it was working...and often even lower.My neighbour had these issues also,they logged them on an app.
    I`ve had a recent medical procedure on my mouth,that is healing very slowly, so phone talking not advisable,in fact it has reopened the old wound.Really stressed and fed up of dozens&dozens of hours going around in circles with the TalkTalk Durban and Philippine crowd,majority of calls I`ve recorded and gawd don`t they expose a web of deceit/lies/fabrication/avoidance/evasion/ignorance on their part.In the last call to TalkTalk,I have on my digital recorder,1hr 41 mins in total,paused to 1hr 09mins,so shows the hold time,Tues 30th Jan,call ended at 1pm,TalkTalk agreed to sort these issues..AGAIN...just as they had on all the other long-winded,handed from pillar-to-post,time-wasting,deliberate avoidance/evasion tactics calls they engage with.In that last call,I had to repeat the whole situation four times.Nobody rang back about these issues,just an answerphone message from an engineer waffling on about if my line was working ok!
    I have only briefly covered the situation,it involves much more skulduggery and the recordings back my claims up.
    22 months of very poor/low/intermittent or no Internet/phone issues.Had to quit uni work due to this.
    Any ideas on how to sort this evil lot out would be gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Houtman; 09-02-2018 at 2:22 PM.
Page 2
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 14th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Houtman
    No,I wont open either of those accounts thanks very much,I do not jump through hoops for anyone especially TT. I`ll get there with the advice from MSE members"2010" & "onomatopoeia99"....and member by the name of "JJ Egan",that suggested several posts back,to contact the CAB Quote:- "Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them about getting legal assistance."

All traces of Facebook accounts are supposed to be notoriously difficult to erase...and I know nothing about twitter,apart from what lawyer Cameron said.

I`m on the case,now I`ve been given good advice by the aforementioned folk on here.I`m using the pincer movement.I only asked for an email address for the CAB.

Please no more criticism on my approach,or telling me I should do as I`m told by TT,who couldn`t even provide me with links!
    Only constructive advice,thanks again 2010 and onomatopoeia99.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 14th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    NeilCr
    No,I wont open either of those accounts thanks very much,I do not jump through hoops for anyone especially TT. I`ll get there with the advice from MSE members"2010" & "onomatopoeia99"....and member by the name of "JJ Egan",that suggested several posts back,to contact the CAB Quote:- "Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them about getting legal assistance."

All traces of Facebook accounts are supposed to be notoriously difficult to erase...and I know nothing about twitter,apart from what lawyer Cameron said.

I`m on the case,now I`ve been given good advice by the aforementioned folk on here.I`m using the pincer movement.I only asked for an email address for the CAB.

Please no more criticism on my approach,or telling me I should do as I`m told by TT,who couldn`t even provide me with links!
    Only constructive advice,thanks again 2010 and onomatopoeia99.
    Originally posted by Houtman
    There is no central email address for CAB.

Many local offices have their own email service. Mine does - I was answering them yesterday.
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 14th Feb 18, 6:50 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Houtman
    Thanks NeilCr,I`ll continue trying to access their Web Chat....3rd day of trying tomorrow...third time lucky?
    When eventually they answer,hopefully they`ll have an email address for one of my local offices.
    Googling hasn`t come up with one.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 14th Feb 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Have you tried going through here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Scroll down to find your local office

It is possible they do not do emails. Different offices work in different ways.
    • By 2010 14th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 3,333 Thanks
    Houtman,

I have just read your very first post on this thread again, although a bit rambling, basically TT have not provided the service that you were entitled to receive.

From reading the post it seems you have gathered enough evidence of their "skullduggery" to warrant court action.

They have NOT provided the service that they promised to and so have broken their contract with you.

Forget about citizens advice and Ofcom.
    You have legal rights, so use them.

You need to work out exactly what TT owe you and send a letter to their head office stating FACTS and telling them if you don`t receive satisfactory compensation by one calendar month from the date of your letter you will issue a small claims court summons.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

This is fairly easy to do and you`ll find when the summons is issued TT will jump over hoops to help you.
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 14th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Houtman
    Thanks for that link NeilCr,I typed in my postcode and my two local CAB offices popped up,one with no email link and the other with one underneath it.I clicked on that link and it took me in a loop right back where I started,haha.Back to trying web chat tomorrow,because I need advice on another matter.

Thanks very much 2010,your suggested course of action better fits my circumstances.Generally I reckon I`m as tough as old boots,but TT really ground me down....and I`ll be posting more details on how Open Reach performed too.Someone has just pointed out that an effigy of their van was burned on Bonfire night....now why doesn`t that surprise me.I did try to get a record of all their visits from Open Reaches India office,because I didn`t log every single one.The way the Open Reach staff in India reacted was like a posh version of the BT lot I had to deal with before my TalkTalk nightmare began.Back in the days when regular unsolicited calls from BT`s suspected rogue staff spin-offs,eg chaps who could barely speak English,but went by the name of Michael,or Dave etc from "Microsoft".Taped a few of them.
    My elderly uncle emailed me today,he`s recently signed with BT,just received an email saying his Internet would stop working within 24hrs unless he clicked on a link...sounds like they`re still up to their old tricks.He`s very cautious,was in army communications,he hasn`t been giving his details to anyone.He`s as sharp as they come.
    Last edited by Houtman; 14-02-2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Tiredness
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,793Posts Today

7,107Users online

Martin's Twitter