Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sfrost150481
    • By sfrost150481 9th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sfrost150481
    NowTV cost reduction
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    NowTV cost reduction 9th Feb 18 at 1:05 PM
    My wife & I recently got NowTV and once the initial free trial period was up we went on to the rolling monthly fee of £7.99 for entertainment & £9.99 for movies. I heard that if you cancel the pass before the next monthly fee comes out your bank, you’ll get the opportunity to pay less. So, today I cancelled both entertainment & movies and was offered an entertainment pass for £3.49 for 4 months & a movies pass for £3.99 for 4 months. This will save me £42 over the next 4 months. Not a massive saving but better than paying full price. I challenge NowTV customers to try it and see what they can save!
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 9th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 31,359 Posts
    • 18,790 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    I just wait for the boxes with vouchers to come on offer

6 month entertainment is usually £20 or £3.34pm and a spare box.

They were doing an year of both for £99 for 12 months £8.25pm

I find you don't need the movie pass for every month not enough films, entertainment need longer if trawling through box sets.

a few offers have been coming up on HUKD
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/now-tv
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 12th Feb 18, 7:57 AM
    • 761 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:57 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:57 AM
    OP, it's typical with Now TV, and doesn't require much haggling either as it's usually automatic if you go through their website. I had Movies in December for a month (for Christmas) and bought the month pass on the Monday and cancelled it the day after so I didn't forget to cancel it later. They offered me movies for 3 months at £6.99 I think. I didn't bother as, to be honest, I can watch what I want to in a month, then go back to them a few months later when they e-mail with an offer, and there's something worth watching.

At the moment, they keep e-mailing me offers for the sports pass - currently £20 a month for 3 months I think, but not worth it to me. The entertainment deal I'm on is £5 something a month for 4 months - I've had the entertainment passes continually for the last 12 months and still haven't paid full price for it yet. I do like the 'going to cancel' game on their website - are you sure you want to cancel? Are you really sure you want to cancel? Are you really really sure? etc. More fun than trying to haggle with a person.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 12th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    • 9,604 Posts
    • 7,638 Thanks
    prowla
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    I bought a couple of the boxes with included passes a couple of years back when they were on sale due to a newer model.

There were also some free passes going, which I had.

I expect they might be coming up to another upgrade soon, so there might be sales again?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,353Posts Today

8,080Users online

Martin's Twitter