Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 9th Feb 18, 12:44 PM
    • 235Posts
    • 93Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: TSB launches £75 refer a friend scheme
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:44 PM
    MSE News: TSB launches £75 refer a friend scheme 9th Feb 18 at 12:44 PM
    TSB customers can now earn £75 for each friend they refer who switches to the bank, and they will get £75 too...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB launches £75 refer a friend current account offer'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 9th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 1,390 Posts
    • 3,880 Thanks
    Zanderman
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    Or use the existing thread at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789597
    • colsten
    • By colsten 10th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 8,918 Posts
    • 7,642 Thanks
    colsten
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    meluket has been PPRed after 5 posts so might not be someone who you'd want to deal with. Not that anyone should be advertising referrals outside the referrer's board, anyway. Please check over there for referral offers (there's none from me, I hasten to add).
    • eyetoeye
    • By eyetoeye 11th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eyetoeye
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    Sadly, having cause to close a TSB bank in the past, I would not be enticed again.
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 12th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    • 284 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    I have a TSB classic account myself but I won't be bothering to try and 'refer' anyone. I have another account with a famous building society that offers £100 for an account holder who refers someone else. I've tried on several occasions to refer friends and collegues who initially seem keen to get their hands on some 'free' money, but then always back out citing that it's too much bother to switch accounts and they don't want the 'hassle'. I've personally switched current accounts a couple of times and to be honest, there is no hassle, it's often just down to folks not wanting to be bothered switching, or, most likely with some customers, they're so up to their eyeballs in debt with their current bank, switching isn't an option anyway or they wouldn't pass a hard credit check.

The last switch I did was to the TSB from M&S Bank when the offer was £130 and £5 a month just for having a couple of direct debits, plus another fiver if you used your debit card at least 20 times a month. I've managed the 20 debit card transactions in a month just once. I'll probably switch again this year. My TSB contactless card is next to useless, it only works about 1 in every ten contactless transactions. I don't have that problem with my other two current account cards.
    • telemarks
    • By telemarks 12th Feb 18, 12:42 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    telemarks
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:42 PM
    Typical timing
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:42 PM
    Oh well, my TSB to NatWest switch happens tgomorrow so the timing could not be worse for me.

Never mind, sometimes you win ... sometimes you just stay at square one.
    • pdpete
    • By pdpete 15th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pdpete
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    Are we allowed to find friends to refer on this forum? I have never done anything like this before.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 15th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 1,390 Posts
    • 3,880 Thanks
    Zanderman
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    Are we allowed to find friends to refer on this forum? I have never done anything like this before.
    Originally posted by pdpete
    Yes, but only in referrers part of the forum: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
    (Where there is a thread about TSB)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter