Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donnie-cov
    • By donnie-cov 9th Feb 18, 7:13 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    donnie-cov
    Motorbike Accident (Compensation) claim valuation
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:13 AM
    Motorbike Accident (Compensation) claim valuation 9th Feb 18 at 7:13 AM
    So i had a motorbike accident last year and the guy accepted liability. I was on crutches for 2 weeks. My right knee all the skin came off and was bleeding for weeks. I was in bed for 2-3 weeks couldn't move because of my lower back. I went to phisyo for 7 weeks. I still have have problems with my lower back. The insurance paid me for my motorbike ( write off ) which i got £700 over what i paid for it.

But the question is. My solicitor at fletchers have contacted me with a valuation of £2800-3200 for the compensation claim which i will have to pay them 25 percent. So at the end of it i will only get around £2000. I wasnt working at the time. But I've had accident before in a car crash and i got offered this amount. I'm thinking motorbike accidents which are more serious as no seat belts and i came right off the bike, should be more in value? 10k+ above.
    I've declined this valuation and said my reasons why, Being scarred for life and on going lower back problems.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 7:16 AM
    • 16,652 Posts
    • 26,044 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:16 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:16 AM
    This is a private parking sub-forum, so you're not in the right place for the help you are seeking.

Perhaps try the 'Motoring' forum?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 6,463 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    Solicitors involved in Personal Injury claims will calculate the amount of compensation due, based on a number of factors, including the severity of the injury, the length of treatment required, and whether a full recovery is likely.

For each type of injury, there is a range of compensation given in the Judicial College Guidelines (not available online, but can be ordered from Amazon for £19.99). For example, minor back injuries have a range of £750 - £10,815.

So you would probably find that most solicitors would come up with a similar figure to the one that yours have suggested. Insurance companies also have access to these tables, and won't agree a payout if it falls outside the range.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 31. Lost 9.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    • 3,505 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    This is a private parking sub-forum, so you're not in the right place for the help you are seeking.

Perhaps try the 'Motoring' forum?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    He's been there with three other threads, the latest from last November:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5752567
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

274Posts Today

2,608Users online

Martin's Twitter