Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jennifer201386
    • By jennifer201386 8th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jennifer201386
    Would a change in job and income trigger UC?
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    Would a change in job and income trigger UC? 8th Feb 18 at 9:48 PM
    Hello
    Thanks in advance for any advise

Just wondered if I lived in an area which was fully using universal credit and I’m receiving tax credits, hoping to be moved to UC as a managed migration and receive the transitional top up amount
    What happens if I change jobs and income was less, would that constitute an automatic trigger to UC as a natural migrant ?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 8th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 1,624 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    venison
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    It could be 2 or 3 years before "managed"migrations happen. I suppose the question is are you changing jobs?
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • markharding557
    • By markharding557 9th Feb 18, 10:31 PM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    markharding557
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:31 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:31 PM
    Would a change in job and income trigger UC?
    In those areas where UC is fully activated this would be so.
    I think it would be a significant change like job or household status which would trigger this.
    • Icequeen99
    • By Icequeen99 10th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 2,382 Thanks
    Icequeen99
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    In those areas where UC is fully activated this would be so.
    I think it would be a significant change like job or household status which would trigger this.
    Originally posted by markharding557
    Not quite - it depends on the circumstances.

If the income change was significant that it meant the OP had to claim another benefit such as housing benefit then that would lead to a move to UC.

If the gap between the jobs was more than 7 days then that would also end the WTC claim and mean a claim for UC instead.

IQ
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,101Users online

Martin's Twitter