Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Monobloc
    • By Monobloc 8th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Monobloc
    Opening a NW flex direct c/acc
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    Opening a NW flex direct c/acc 8th Feb 18 at 8:17 PM
    Hi All,
    About 18 months ago,because the interest rate had dropped after 12 months,I switched a NW Flexdirect c/acc. to Halifax for the £125 switching bonus.
    I still have a NW credit card that I use from time to time.Will I be able to apply for a new Flexdirect,or will the switch affect the application ?.
Page 1
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 8th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    You can apply and they will make a decision whether to offer you an account or not. Nobody can really say whether you will be accepted.

If you are hoping to open the account to get another year at 5% interest, then you need to be aware that you won't. They stopped people doing that some months ago. You would only get a 1% interest rate.
    • Monobloc
    • By Monobloc 8th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Monobloc
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    You can apply and they will make a decision whether to offer you an account or not. Nobody can really say whether you will be accepted.

If you are hoping to open the account to get another year at 5% interest, then you need to be aware that you won't. They stopped people doing that some months ago. You would only get a 1% interest rate.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Thanks for advice.Wasnt sure what position was.Dont think I'll bother then.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 8th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 29,901 Posts
    • 17,776 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    Thanks for advice.Wasnt sure what position was.Dont think I'll bother then.
    Originally posted by Monobloc
    A previous sole account won't prevent a joint account paying 5% for a year...if that's an option for you?
    • Monobloc
    • By Monobloc 9th Feb 18, 12:30 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Monobloc
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:30 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:30 AM
    A previous sole account won't prevent a joint account paying 5% for a year...if that's an option for you?
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    Thanks for replying.Hmm,that's interesting,however,the Flexaccount that was switched,was a joint up until a few weeks before the switch.It was converted to a sole to make the online switching process possible.At the time I was led to believe you could online switch a sole to a joint account,or a sole to sole,or a joint to joint,but not a joint to a sole.
    So,given the above,is the door still shut on any new Flexaccount application?.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter