Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kazzyb123
    • By kazzyb123 8th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 7Thanks
    kazzyb123
    Disabled and self employed partner-mortgage??
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    Disabled and self employed partner-mortgage?? 8th Feb 18 at 3:54 PM
    Hi,

I have a long term health condition that means I can’t work, I claim ESA and PIP. My partner is self employed.

I think the only lender that will lend to us is Nationwide. I have used their online calculator and all seems well.

My question is, what to after after the initial discounted period? I won’t be able to shop around for a new lender because as far as I know other lenders won’t lend to us. Is it likely Nationwide will renegotiate with us or will we end up stuck on the SVR?

Thanks
Page 1
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 8th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 9,754 Posts
    • 5,257 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    Nearly all the big lenders now offer new deals for existing customers once your initial deal runs out.
    Just check out the websites of a couple of the big lenders
    So if you took say a 2 year fix you can sign up to a new deal once the 2 years are up.
    If you are not trying to increase the amount you want to borrow or the term you can do this online
    • logan77
    • By logan77 8th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    logan77
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    Nationwide are not the only lender that will include your benefits in their affordability calculations, you just need to see a mortgage advisor to guide you.
    I am a Mortgage and Life Insurance Advisor.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • kazzyb123
    • By kazzyb123 9th Feb 18, 12:43 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    kazzyb123
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:43 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:43 AM
    Thanks, I have spoken to several mortgage advisers and none of them could recommmend any other lenders who would lend to us. But if we can sign a new deal at the end of the fixed period that helps.

I think we will fix for as long as possible!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

375Posts Today

4,101Users online

Martin's Twitter