Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gatser
    • By Gatser 8th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 578Posts
    • 213Thanks
    Gatser
    Capped vs Flexi Access Drawdown
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    Capped vs Flexi Access Drawdown 8th Feb 18 at 2:59 PM
    Reasonably happy to continue with Capped Drawdown, although I cannot see that I will need the more generous limits on Capped scheme contributions in future.
    So.... are there any other advantages of retaining the Capped Drawdown status? or should I just move into Flexi access drawdown and enjoy the greater flexibility it offers?
    THE NUMBER is how much you need to live comfortably: very IMPORTANT as part 1 of Retirement Planning. (Average response to my thread is £23k pa)
    My Other NUMBER: ZERO Working Days to SEMI-retirement: Achieved!
Page 1
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 8th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 12,726 Posts
    • 10,781 Thanks
    zagfles
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    Main advantage I think is you don't trigger the MPAA if you stay in capped drawdown.
    • pip895
    • By pip895 8th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    pip895
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    I moved because the fees were lower, not because of the extra flexibility. Being limited to £4k going in is very unlikely to be an issue for us.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 91,118 Posts
    • 58,135 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    There should be no difference in product charging with most providers. So, that is rare one there pip.

The general rule of thumb is to not to moved capped to flexible unless there is some good reason for doing so.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • pip895
    • By pip895 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    pip895
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    There should be no difference in product charging with most providers. So, that is rare one there pip.

The general rule of thumb is to not to moved capped to flexible unless there is some good reason for doing so.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    We had a £75+vat GAD review coming up so decided to transfer.

Apart from the limit to £4000 SIPP input are there other reasons?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,919Posts Today

7,848Users online

Martin's Twitter