Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 8th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    • 5,705Posts
    • 11,302Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Using MSE site with Microsoft Edge browser
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    Using MSE site with Microsoft Edge browser 8th Feb 18 at 2:42 PM
    I am using Microsoft edge browser on my windows 10 dell laptop. No problems usually and I find that websites don't hang when I am using edge whereas they were when I was running google chrome or internet explorer.

Today for some reason the MSE site will not work using Microsoft edge and asks me to download internet explorer or google chrome due to me using an outdated browser. It works ok on internet explorer but I don't want to use two separate browsers and everything else I use works fine with Edge. Any ideas as to why this should be an issue? It worked fine up until yesterday but my laptop performed some updates yesterday so I am guessing this is something to do with it.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • missile
    • By missile 8th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 9,248 Posts
    • 4,545 Thanks
    missile
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    Working OK for me on edge
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • cajef
    • By cajef 8th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 4,649 Posts
    • 3,711 Thanks
    cajef
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    ^^^
    Yep also working without any problems using edge or IE on my desktop.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 8th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 3,287 Posts
    • 2,402 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    Whilst in Edge, press F12 to bring up developer options
    Choose the "emulation" tab

Make sure everything in there is set to default.
    Browser profile = desktop
    User agent string = Microsoft Edge
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter