Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flyfisher1
    • By flyfisher1 8th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    flyfisher1
    Barclaycard cash back offer
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    Barclaycard cash back offer 8th Feb 18 at 2:37 PM
    I have been trying to clarify a couple of points regarding the current cashback offer in respect of the "initial barclaycard". The terms and conditions do not make it clear if one transaction per 3 month period is sufficient or does it have to be one per month.
    Secondly, is there a requirement for a minimum spend to comply with the t and c's.
    Spoken to barclaycard on the phone and e mail but all they do is to "read" to me the terms and conditions, with which I am already familiar.
    Anybody else unclaer on this or is it just me being obtuse?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 15,532 Posts
    • 16,478 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    Do you have a link to the t&cs?
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 8th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 1,903 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    This is a link to an old thread which sounds like the offer, which required that the card was either used to make a purchase each month or that a payment was made towards an existing balance in each month - so it would be a purchase every month in order to get the cashback without paying any interest: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5295421

Just had a quick look on the Barclaycard site though and couldn't find anything relating to a current offer of that kind. The offer I found was 0% on purchases for 3 months from account opening.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • flyfisher1
    • By flyfisher1 8th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flyfisher1
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    The current offer is in respect of applications for what Barclaycard are calling the INITIAL Barclaycard and comprises an offer of Forty pounds cashback over a period of twelve months, subject obviously to the published terms and conditions,

There is a link to the offer on MSE website and it is on Barclaycards website

I have actually applied successfully for the card which is up and running. Just can't seem to clarify the points I raised earlier. Will try again wilh Barclaycard.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 9th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    The terms and conditions do not make it clear if one transaction per 3 month period is sufficient or does it have to be one per month.
    Originally posted by flyfisher1

It's one transaction per period. They class a period as every 3 months.

You will also need to keep your account active by making a purchase in each period (months 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12).

Secondly, is there a requirement for a minimum spend to comply with the t and c's.
    Originally posted by flyfisher1
    There's no mention of minimum spend, just make a purchase, so you could just buy a banana for like 12p or something and that will suffice.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/initial-cashback-terms
    Last edited by Candyapple; 09-02-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,017Users online

Martin's Twitter