Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Pivotal
    • By Pivotal 8th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Tesco issues fuel voucher but closes pumps
    • 8th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    Tesco issues fuel voucher but closes pumps 8th Feb 18 at 1:35 PM
    Tesco's is running a fuel promotion, spend £60, get 10p off a litre, voucher has an expiry date (in this case the 10th Feb 18.

Spent my £60 (didnt need the £25 ink but thought I would save £5 on fuel), didnt need to refill immediately so though I will wait.

- Went to use mine in my Local Tesco's petrol station - its closed for 6 days for refurbishment, so its not opening until after my voucher expires. No signs instore warning in advance of its closure & they are still running the promotion instore, but you cant redeem it yet. So my next nearest store is a 1 hour trip - not doing that.

So I tweet Tescos to ask how to get my discount reply 'I can see that the voucher has been available to use from the 27/01/18. Coupons issued at till are valid for 2 weeks after purchase, Sorry for any confusion. '

I say thats not good enough they reply 'I am sorry but we can't extend your voucher. Our Fuel Station needed to be upgraded and unfortunately this has been scheduled when this promotion has been running.'

So run a promotion, offer a discount & then not allow people to use the discount you have given, I think thats misleading advertising at the very least.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,582Posts Today

7,160Users online

Martin's Twitter