Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 8th Feb 18, 12:22 PM
    • 235Posts
    • 93Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    6 WOW
    MSE News:Waitrose unveils its new loyalty scheme
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:22 PM
    6 WOW
    MSE News:Waitrose unveils its new loyalty scheme 8th Feb 18 at 12:22 PM
    Waitrose will replace its 'pick your own' offer with a new scheme to send customers vouchers and offers through the post...
    Read the full story:
    'Waitrose unveils its new loyalty scheme'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    MSE
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 9th Feb 18, 4:31 AM
    • 12,333 Posts
    • 11,594 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I have never received a single voucher from Waitrose and neither has hubby.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Check your voucher settings, I think many are automatically set to not send vouchers and you have to mess around with your online account in order to get them sent.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 9th Feb 18, 5:36 AM
    • 12,904 Posts
    • 40,747 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Check your voucher settings, I think many are automatically set to not send vouchers and you have to mess around with your online account in order to get them sent.
    Originally posted by jenniewb
    I called them and they said that I needed to change my details 2 years ago which I did and I still dont get anything !
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 9th Feb 18, 7:58 AM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 8,193 Thanks
    Callie22
    I called them and they said that I needed to change my details 2 years ago which I did and I still dont get anything !
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    They do seem to have issues with their databases. OH and I both have a Waitrose card and it seems like only one of us can get vouchers, as it's been the case that when I've called to see why I wasn't receiving anything and OH was, suddenly I start to get vouchers and OH stops getting them. I do wonder if it's something to do with their databases and addresses as we have exactly the same problem with John Lewis'.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 9th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 6,510 Posts
    • 19,395 Thanks
    Doc N
    Waitrose themselves refer to this as a loyalty scheme, and loyalty should work both ways.

Waitrose wants to save itself some money by dropping some useful self-selected 20% discounts and replacing them with some rather less than useful, and probably trivial, paper vouchers chosen by them.

Simple answer - repay the 'loyalty' displayed by Waitrose by popping into your local Aldi or Lidl. The prices will be very substantially lower (half the price in many cases), the quality's pretty similar, and you'll save a lot of time. You'll also save even more by not falling for the high-margin stuff all over Waitrose tempting you to buy it.

Sorry, Waitrose - this may well backfire on you and lose you even more customers to Aldi and Lidl.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 9th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    • 7,522 Posts
    • 13,858 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    If you get money off coupons from Tesco saying get £x off £y, if you read the back of the coupon, it says cannot be redeemed against clothing and alcohol. If you go through self scan or use scan n go scanners, it does take off the coupons off when shopping includes these. Don't go through a manned checkout as the operators at Tesco are little Hitlers. Sometimes I use the first coupon of £8 off £50 - I struggle to do £50 without booze or clothing as live alone.

In late November, my coupon was for £9 off £60 (increased it for Christmas) and I spent £30 on clothes and £12 on booze. Also had a £3 Clubcard voucher.
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 10th Feb 18, 8:18 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    creative gal
    The vouchers that I had in the post were more relevant than usual (bananas and citrus fruit, which I buy almost every week- though not every week from Waitrose.) However, the paper vouchers seem remarkably similar to the vouchers that Waitrose used to send out every few months with a mini magazine, thus not really being hugely exciting or new. Also, only offering 10% off a shop (£4 off 40, in my case), when the Waitrose picks were worth 20% off seems a bit cheeky.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 10th Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Just posted this on the other thread about Waitrose dropping PYO, the conditions on the back of the paper vouchers include;

2. Only one voucher per qualifying transaction can be redeemed in a single transaction by the person named on the voucher and who holds the corresponding My Waitrose card.

This sounds like you can only use one voucher per shop?

I'm also curious to know how the vouchers will work at the self-service tills, there's no space to put vouchers once you've used them, do you just hand them to staff to be binned?
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - £64.29 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 12,748 Posts
    • 36,331 Thanks
    redfox
    I'm also curious to know how the vouchers will work at the self-service tills, there's no space to put vouchers once you've used them, do you just hand them to staff to be binned?
    Originally posted by VintageHistorian
    the self service tills at my local Waitrose do have coupon slots. The coupons always have to be authorised by a staff member but then they just put them in the slot below the scan point.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Doc N
    • By Doc N 10th Feb 18, 11:23 AM
    • 6,510 Posts
    • 19,395 Thanks
    Doc N
    Likewise. Though the Waitrose vouchers usually work without the need for staff authorisation. External vouchers almost always need authorisation, which is annoying as it slows things up considerably. Often takes 3 or 4 minutes for a staff member to turn up.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 10th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    That's good to know, I'll keep an eye out for the coupon slot next time I'm there!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - £64.29 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • FightingForWhatsRight
    • By FightingForWhatsRight 19th Feb 18, 8:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    FightingForWhatsRight
    Oi Waitrose - I'm going back to COOP!!!
    Waitrose have insulted my intelligence with this 'after listening to our customers' line. Yes, people may have griped but did you survey them to find out if they would prefer this 80s tech madness? Either Yes and it was a thumbs down or No.

It's gone from 20% off everytime I bought something I needed to receiving an occasional paper voucher (with no commitment to the frequency). A paper voucher I have to carry with me (or my wife has them) that can be lost. These vouchers will take longer to deal with/process at check out too.

Bye-bye Waitrose - you were always expensive anyway but now you have blown it. Look forward to receiving my COOP dividend again! They've just redone our local store too!
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 20th Feb 18, 11:53 AM
    • 801 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    jon81uk
    I also liked Pick Your Own Offers as it could be all managed on an app. I am a lot more likely to forget to bring paper vouchers with me (I assume they see that as a good thing though). John Lewis is now going to offer paperless vouchers for their loyalty offers, it would be nice if Waitrose could do the same.
    • Attila_the_Pun
    • By Attila_the_Pun 20th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Attila_the_Pun
    I got 4 vouchers today for £9 off a £60 shop.

There is no way I can carry £60 worth of items home on the bus (I don't drive)
    . . . .

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina

Yet another reason why the PYOO scheme was better.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 21st Feb 18, 4:12 AM
    • 12,904 Posts
    • 40,747 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Still no vouchers for me
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,001Posts Today

9,728Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: A huge thank you to everyone who has signed our #RecoverySpace campaign letter so far - we have reached over 1,000 names! If you?

• RT @fikee: Told a ridiculously cool young lad behind me in the supermarket that I loved his boots. He looked at me and in that split secon?

• Happy Birthday Jordon. 21 today. Wish you as good a day as you can, and hope you are out of hospital and on the m? https://t.co/G0V9q9agzT

• Follow Martin