Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 8th Feb 18, 11:40 AM
    • 45Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Yanling
    Nutmeg fully managed portfolio for pension
    • 8th Feb 18, 11:40 AM
    Nutmeg fully managed portfolio for pension 8th Feb 18 at 11:40 AM
    Hi there, Has anyone got an experience with Nutmeg fully managed portfolio for pension? Any comments? Thank you!
Page 2
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 9th Feb 18, 8:49 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 7,445 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    I don!!!8217;t know Cavendish- it is not a platform I use - so you would need to look at the fees they charge.
    I can explain the Inc and Acc bit though.
    If you buy an Acc fund then any dividends that are generated get automatically invested back in the fund. You do not need to worry about it.
    If you buy the same fund, but the Inc version, then the dividends get paid out as cash into your SIPP account. You then need to reinvest them which will incur a transaction fee.
    Acc is easier for now.
    You might choose Inc (at retirement) if you need to withdraw an income from the SIPP as you can withdraw the cash dividend without having to pay transaction fees for selling some funds.
    This is a simplified explanation but I hope it helps.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 9th Feb 18, 9:02 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    Thanks Valiantson.
    Last week Americans market decreased a lot. Not sure go for balanced or dynamic?
    I am going to invest for about 12 years with 10k in this year and 1k per month after. I donít have a personal person.
    What would be your opinion? folks
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Feb 18, 9:59 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Thanks Valiantson.
    Last week Americans market decreased a lot. Not sure go for balanced or dynamic?
    I am going to invest for about 12 years with 10k in this year and 1k per month after. I donít have a personal person.
    What would be your opinion? folks
    Originally posted by Yanling
    How risk averse are you?

Honestly, in your position, I would go for the balanced fund. I'm not convinced that with only 12 years investment period you would benefit from a high equity weighting; a crash during that time might just leave you out of pocket. The balanced fund has a greater chance of returning decent positive growth over that time frame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,430Posts Today

8,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Happy Birthday Jordon. 21 today. Wish you as good a day as you can, and hope you are out of hospital and on the m? https://t.co/G0V9q9agzT

• Got a Help to buy ISA? You have an urgent decision to make or risk missing out on £1,000s. I explain in detail here? https://t.co/W5OJieZddJ

• URGENT warning to all prospective first time buyers. You need to decide NOW if you are moving your help to buy ISA? https://t.co/BDK21rkLL4

• Follow Martin