Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pixi_chick
    • By pixi_chick 8th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pixi_chick
    Exercise4less no cooling off period?? No good!
    • 8th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    Exercise4less no cooling off period?? No good! 8th Feb 18 at 11:11 AM
    Like many of us my partner joined a gym recently. He went into the gym and signed up for a 12 month contract for £12 a month. Good right? Well not as good as the gym I signed up to which has better facilities. We laughed and decided that he should cancel his contract as he is still within the 14 day cooling off period and join my gym. According to the Exercise4less gym because he signed up in store there is no such thing as a cooling off period. That the cooling off period is only applicable if he joined online. As you can imagine we are a bit frustrated and in need to find out if the gym are right or if he can cancel his membership.

Can anyone shed light on what his rights are and if there is a way of getting out of what is ultimately a contact he no longer needs??
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 8th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 5,966 Posts
    • 6,067 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    Yes, the gym is right, I'm afraid - you are only legally entitled to a 14-day cooling off period if you buy goods or services remotely (online or over the hone) - not if you go into a store in person.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/cancelling-a-service-youve-arranged/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

701Posts Today

6,666Users online

Martin's Twitter