Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• uni_rye
    • By uni_rye 7th Feb 18, 10:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FTC and only 2 months left ... mortgage?
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:25 PM
    FTC and only 2 months left ... mortgage? 7th Feb 18 at 10:25 PM

I am working in a university and it's very common for researchers to have FTC. In my case, I started to work for current employer as a researcher from Dec 2016 for 12-month contract. Then in the last October, I got another 6-month renewed. Now I only have less than two months left to the end of current contract. My manager hasn't confirmed if I would get another renew or not, but he said it is possible. I asked him to confirm as early as possible.

I am really struggling because we have found a really nice property and got our offer accepted. My partner is permanent contract. In order to apply joint mortgage, is it possible to get mortgage for my case? And which bank might consider my situation?

BTW, I read some threads about FTC. Looks like nationwide might be an option but not sure for my case as well. Today, I also contacted a broker about it. Hopefully he may get back some idea.

Thanks for any help.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,384Users online

Martin's Twitter