Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helpneededprettyquick
    • By helpneededprettyquick 7th Feb 18, 9:28 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    helpneededprettyquick
    Parking at work can anyone advise
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:28 PM
    Parking at work can anyone advise 7th Feb 18 at 9:28 PM
    HI not sure if anyone can advise but I have a situation at work and didnt know if anyone had more knowledge than me and could advise . When I started my job 9 years ago we had parking and work shifts so great if finishing at unsocial hours . Now we have reduced parking and everyone is fighting for spaces they have decided that we either have to live a certain distance from the building or disabilities , illness etc . Now this wouldnt be so bad but a lot of us due to some start times cannot get the easiest public transport and have to take multiple buses to get there for early morning starts . Thus making our journey to work double or more in time . Also when leaving late at night it is not so nice to be walking around at those times . Due to where we are there is little or no street parking and what there is is some distance to walk again posing a safety risk .
    Our workforce is now divided into the ones that have the parking and ones that dont - also the ones that dont are worse off as have to pay for public transport and have longer days of work due to the travelling . In a nutshell I guess what I am asking is this ok are they allowed to do this . It is making life so difficult for some that they have left . Thanks in advance for any answers
Page 2
    • helpneededprettyquick
    • By helpneededprettyquick 8th Feb 18, 8:42 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    helpneededprettyquick
    How far do you live from work?

It!!!8217;s more fair than the places I!!!8217;ve worked with limited parking. Places I!!!8217;ve worked the parking has been reserved for management only. However there has been street parking available but it!!!8217;s caused problems.
    Originally posted by Gavin83
    Approx 8 miles
    • takman
    • By takman 8th Feb 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 2,655 Thanks
    takman
    Approx 8 miles
    Originally posted by helpneededprettyquick
    8 miles isn't too far for a bicycle ride and may be quicker than a bus journey will lots of stops or changes and it's also good exercise.

If you didn't want to ride that far you could get a foldable bike and park around 1 mile away and it will only be a 5 minute ride to work.
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 9th Feb 18, 7:18 AM
    • 16,417 Posts
    • 40,770 Thanks
    FBaby
    I imagine its full when they arrive.
    Depends on the length of the shift.

How often to do you do a late shift? Could you agree on an arrangement for these days only?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

951Posts Today

7,205Users online

Martin's Twitter