Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jodenice
    • By jodenice 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 368Posts
    • 55Thanks
    jodenice
    Voluntary redundancies...
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    Voluntary redundancies... 7th Feb 18 at 4:13 PM
    I am just trying to find out if anyone knows the criteria in selecting people for voluntary redundancies (if too many people apply for the redundancies offered).

They have offered two Voluntary Severance positions here. 3 of us have gone for them. I don't know what the criteria is apart from skills and cost to business.

I've gone for it. I am part time as I work 4 days but earn the most and have a redundancy offer (£43K). I have been here 15 years.

A colleague on this team has gone for it, she's younger than me, is full time and earns slightly less and redundancy offer is £36K. She has been here 20 years.

An older colleague in a neighbouring team has gone for it. He's about 55 and his redundancy offer is approx. £38K. He has also been here 15 years.

In terms of cost to business, it will obviously cost them more to get rid of me but also to keep me. I'm not sure I have a good chance really.

But I wanted to know what you thought? Is it even worth getting my hopes up? I don't hate the job but I do travel for 4 hours a day and I'm exhausted and I would like to work closer to home and my little girl (I would have to get another job as soon as possible as if I got this, I'd want it to be money in the bank / pay off debts and some mortgage rather than an opportunity to sit back).
Page 2
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 11th Feb 18, 2:41 AM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 1,603 Thanks
    badmemory
    sangie595 now PPR'd?
    Originally posted by NCC-1701
    It's amazing what people will cause when they don't like your answer!
    • tealady
    • By tealady 11th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    • 2,768 Posts
    • 3,298 Thanks
    tealady
    It's amazing what people will cause when they don't like your answer!
    Originally posted by badmemory
    I would rather have people like Sangie on these forums.
    Straight forward facts are what is needed here.
    If people just wanted someone to agree with them then they shoud take it to discussion time.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • lakes17
    • By lakes17 11th Feb 18, 10:10 AM
    • 270 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    lakes17
    You are right with your comment. If you post on here then you should expect some answers/advice that you weren't wanting or liked
    • Peelerfart
    • By Peelerfart 11th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    Peelerfart
    sangie595 now PPR'd?
    Originally posted by NCC-1701
    Sad case! Banned for excessive underlining.
    Space available for rent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

4,459Users online

Martin's Twitter