Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jane2112
    • By Jane2112 7th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 234Posts
    • 658Thanks
    Jane2112
    UKPC - Hospital car park
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    UKPC - Hospital car park 7th Feb 18 at 3:30 PM
    Hi all,
    Please could you help with a UKPC windscreen ticket?
    I have a permit for the hospital carpark, but forgot to display it one day and received a windscreen ticket.
    Following advice on here and from my previous thread!! ( I did the same before) I sent the letter below.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    FORMAL APPEAL TO NOTICE TO KEEPER, UNDER THE POFA 2012

This is my appeal.

I am the registered keeper of the car mentioned in your Notice to Keeper that was dated 08/12/2017.

My appeal is based on these facts:

- the car is covered by a fully-paid permit so the driver was not trespassing and there was no loss nor damage caused by the parking event. Under the BPA CoP, a PCN for 'breach of terms' (as you allege) must only be a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

- the only contract to park is with the Hospital and all payments are up to date. UKPC cannot allege there is another 'contract' by somehow re-offering spaces in the staff car park on different, punitive terms than those already offered and accepted between the Hospital and the paying permit-holder.

- UKPC is a mere agent who does not own the land, so you have no standing to make any contracts with drivers nor to pursue these charges in your name. If you allege you do, then you will need to show your landowner/client contract to POPLA and myself at the second stage appeal.

I invite you to cancel this charge since you can see that you have no cause to pursue it now that I have pointed out the flaws. As there exists only a flawed Notice to Keeper and a nullity of a Notice to Driver, I am not liable in law. But under the BPA CoP, clause 22.14, you must consider appeals from registered keepers because they are entitled to appeal to POPLA.

So if after careful consideration you decide to reject this appeal, you must send me a POPLA code without further ado, as was reminded to the BPA in the recent POPLA Newsletter (Nov 2013). Or you can confirm that the charge is cancelled.

I have now received a letter from UKPC stating that they must liaise directly with the driver and by not providing the details that I will be accepting liability. The last sentence is in CAPITALS AND BOLD - do not ignore UKPC regularly takes motorist to court who ignore parking charges.

I have not got a POPLA verification yet.

Do I reply simply stating that the car was covered by a valid permit, therefore there was no loss of revenue? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
    Jane 2112
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    you wait until the req date (35 innit) then contact the bpa

mind you , its also against BPA rules ONLY to let the driver appeal

sod it , complain now
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 8,234 Posts
    • 7,555 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    Also complain to your MP, after watching this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

MRs are very concerned about these scammers targetting patients and staff in defiance of government guidelines.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

UKPC a well known fraudster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html
    Last edited by The Deep; 07-02-2018 at 3:48 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 54,129 Posts
    • 67,795 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    Everyone gets that letter, discussed umpteen zillion times. Ignore it.

You need to ask for your threads to be merged, ''one case one thread'' or we can't keep up.

No new one at POPLA stage please!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,442 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    C-M, the OP's previous thread was several years ago - different PPC.

OP, next time you get a parking ticket do not appeal using an out of date template that was last used in 2014.

At least two points in your appeal made me smile:

1) you use the phrase "must only be a genuine pre-estimate of loss". Not useful since 2015.

2) you mention a "recent POPLA Newsletter (Nov 2013)". How recent is that!
    Last edited by KeithP; 07-02-2018 at 7:27 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

375Posts Today

4,101Users online

Martin's Twitter