Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kathdb
    • By Kathdb 7th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kathdb
    EE contract up
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    EE contract up 7th Feb 18 at 2:23 PM
    My contact ended back in October but I’ve noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for. Should this have been reduced after the 2 years? When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?
Page 1
    • stragglebod
    • By stragglebod 7th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    stragglebod
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    Your contract didn't end. Your contract reached its minimum term. As you didn't cancel, it carries on as it was.

You're not entitled to a refund, though if you ask them they'll probably have a cheaper tariff they can drop you onto. They'll try to sell you an expensive upgrade while they do so though.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    • 7,599 Posts
    • 2,408 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    The phone is a complete red herring. Contracts are for air time and you didn't pay for the phone in installments (even if you did in effect, it is irrelevant in contractual terms unless you had a separate transaction/contract just for the phone).

If you're going to enter into a contract (of any kind) you really need to understand its terms beforehand. Two years on it's a bit late to start finding out about your assumptions and misconceptions. The industry terms (i.e. "24 month contract") can be misleading and certainly don't help, but you can't do much about that except understand them in the first place. The same applies to finance contracts and many other things.
    • d123
    • By d123 7th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 4,476 Thanks
    d123
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    My contact ended back in October
    Originally posted by Kathdb
    No, it didnt.

but Ive noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for.
    The phone was never being paid for specifically, your bill was always just for service.

Should this have been reduced after the 2 years?
    No.

Not unless you actively made contact with EE at the end of the minimum term and negotiated a new contract for a reduction, for example a sim only plan.

When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?
    No one, you arent entitled to a refund, your payment was exactly what you agreed to in the terms of your contract.
    Last edited by d123; 07-02-2018 at 3:26 PM. Reason: Forum software bug means apostrophe doesnt present properly after edit
    ====
  • Jenny_EE
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    My contact ended back in October but I’ve noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for. Should this have been reduced after the 2 years? When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?

Morning,

There is no automatic termination so if you don't get in touch with us your contract will run on. We let our customers know through My EE and text messages well before they’re eligible to upgrade or change contract. You can move to a SIM-Only plan as early as 45 days before the end of your contract.

Thanks,

Jenny

Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

375Posts Today

4,101Users online

Martin's Twitter