Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oddjob
    • By Oddjob 7th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 397Posts
    • 120Thanks
    Oddjob
    memory sticks/flash drive
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    memory sticks/flash drive 7th Feb 18 at 2:02 PM
    I need a memory stick to back up pictures and documents, so I need a good one.
    Has anyone had a Toshiba memory stick.
    Otherwise, which brand is best, SanDisk, Integral, Cruiser or Kingston?

TIA
Page 2
    • bsod
    • By bsod 8th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    bsod
    Thank you but how do I do that?
    Originally posted by Oddjob
    you don't want to do that, it will overwrite your current data with old data. The macrium premise was incorrect, macrium/restore/explore image will allow you to browse the contents of a previous backup without restoring or using boot media

macrium is best used for backups of boot drives or whole systems, though it can be used for both C: and D: partitions separately.

internal (is that what d: is?) data drives or partitions can be backed up with copy and paste

the slow times you are experiencing could have various reasons, you need to put some times and sizes of a copy and paste operation in a post for anyone to advise if it's abnormal - macrium logs the speed of transfer too
    Last edited by bsod; 08-02-2018 at 6:49 PM.
    Don't you dare criticise what you cannot understand
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,676Posts Today

9,533Users online

Martin's Twitter