Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savage
    • By savage 7th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 26Posts
    • 9Thanks
    savage
    Ppi help please
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    Ppi help please 7th Feb 18 at 9:37 AM
    Hi!
    I had ppi which I can prove for upto six years ago with cc statements
    I have have had it since 1998/1999.
    When I was young I maxed out my cc many years ago 8.7k and stupidly let it run for years, I stupidly destroyed the older than 6 years statements as I was ashamed of them.
    I can recover most of my bank statements for the life of my bank account (not cc) but these tell what I paid each month to my cc which can be backed up by the current cc statements.

My questions are:

Can I prove I paid the ppi further back than the 6 years on the cc statements?
    The bank account statements show the amounts going out to be in proportionally the same each month (given interest and ppi etc)

Or do I have no hope and lost those years?

Please help.
    50 is fast enough to kill you and slow enough to make you think it's safe
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    • 15,532 Posts
    • 16,476 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    You need to send your complaint reasons to the lender.

If they uphold your complaint but have no records of your payments, that would be the time to start sending off copies of your statements.
    • savage
    • By savage 7th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    savage
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    You need to send your complaint reasons to the lender.

If they uphold your complaint but have no records of your payments, that would be the time to start sending off copies of your statements.
    Originally posted by zx81
    So there is hope?
    • societys child
    • By societys child 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 5,564 Thanks
    societys child
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    There may be hope, but what are your reasons for complaint? Why did you not complain at the time if you think the policy was of no use to you?

• savage
    • By savage 7th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    savage
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    There may be hope, but what are your reasons for complaint? Why did you not complain at the time if you think the policy was of no use to you?
    Originally posted by societys child
    As stated I was ashamed then later I didn't think I could claim.
    I went to the bank last week to get a very old bank statement and they said they have all hard copies at head office which I have now ordered plus I didn't want to try and get something wrong which could ruin my chances.

The reason is when I had the cc I was told outright that I wouldn't get it unless I had it with ppi. I know this seems convenient however I do vividly remember that.
    Last edited by savage; 07-02-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Missed reason
    • dozydi
    • By dozydi 7th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dozydi
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    I have recently received monies from mis sold PPI on both loan and bank account the earliest being February 1998. I didn!!!8217;t have the statements but the bank were able to help with account numbers etc and were very helpful. As long as your reason for not needing the PPI is genuine, employment status etc they will assist you.
    Last edited by dozydi; 07-02-2018 at 1:42 PM. Reason: Grammar
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,530Posts Today

8,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks for all the tweets this week. I'm about to sign off for the weekend. See you next week. Have a good one. Martin

• RT @TimesMoney: Is this how you feel about your student loan? @MartinSLewis has some advice for you. Read our exclusive interview in @Times?

• RT @brokenbottleboy: @MartinSLewis I look better now than I did when I was in my twenties. Grey hair has been a good thing!

• Follow Martin