Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jim66uk
    • By jim66uk 7th Feb 18, 4:29 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jim66uk
    AA Easy Saver problem
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:29 AM
    AA Easy Saver problem 7th Feb 18 at 4:29 AM
    I set up a transfer from a Tesco Internet Saver to a new AA Easy Saver, but when the money did not appear in the AA account I was told it was because it only accepts payments from my main linked account.

So Iím trying to get the money back into the Tesco account. But after a series of phone calls I have AA telling me that I need to get Tesco to withdraw the payment, but at the same time Tesco tells me AA needs to reject the payment and return the money.

Tesco tells me that otherwise, there is a process by which the money eventually returns to the Tesco account, but it will take six to eight weeks!

Why does the AA account not automatically reject a payment if itís not from my linked account? And why would it take six to eight weeks to sort out?

And more importantly, does anyone know which of the two I should be hammering at to get it sorted? I've sent snail mail complaints to both.

One last question: I've been seriously unimpressed with AA through the whole process of setting the account up etc. If I now take my money elsewhere and set up yet another savings account, will my name start appearing on some "suspected money launderer" database somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 7th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    • 1,577 Posts
    • 1,085 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:46 AM
    It was probably your error as I remember their terms were clear that they will only accept payments from the linked account.

My view is that in this situation AA should reject the payment as it is not compliant to their policy and return the money. I don't see why they should give Tesco extra work.

Alex
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

9,267Users online

Martin's Twitter