Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spaceboy
    • By spaceboy 6th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 1,699Posts
    • 274Thanks
    spaceboy
    mortgage rate question
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    mortgage rate question 6th Feb 18 at 10:03 PM
    With NatWest just now on standard variable rate at 3.99%, online they offer 3.03% to me for a 5 year fixed. Is that not a bit high? the mortgage debt is about £85k and loan to value about 70%
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 6th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 16,329 Posts
    • 8,438 Thanks
    ACG
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    Natwest will rarely be the cheapest option out there. They offer flexibility and some leniency.

If you are not happy with it, go elsewhere.

It does not matter what you or I think about their rates, they are what they are.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • spaceboy
    • By spaceboy 6th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 1,699 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    spaceboy
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    Ah ok, so where is cheaper and what potential rate could I get? Just wondering if it's worth looking around or just fixing now.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 7th Feb 18, 7:33 AM
    • 16,329 Posts
    • 8,438 Thanks
    ACG
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:33 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:33 AM
    Thats for you or your broker to look in to. I am not allowed to name lenders on here as it will not take account of your specific circumstances.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 7th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 10,286 Posts
    • 4,064 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    It is not competitive when you consider the Lender is offering close to 1% less at 5 year fixed for new borrowers.

There are a number of Lenders offering 5 year fix products with no fees at under 2.25%

Whether you want to go through the process of reassessment by a new lender is a matter for you.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • spaceboy
    • By spaceboy 7th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 1,699 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    spaceboy
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    Is it worth phoning Natwest and asking for a better rate?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 15,532 Posts
    • 16,478 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    No. Try elsewhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter