Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • supergran2007
    • By supergran2007 6th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 305Posts
    • 301Thanks
    supergran2007
    0 WOW
    Advice needed to find a holiday please !!
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    0 WOW
    Advice needed to find a holiday please !! 6th Feb 18 at 9:07 PM
    Hi all you lovely people in MSE land !!
    I'm basically quite new to all this abroad malarky, so i'm struggling a bit!
    Could anyone please recommend a family friendly holiday for 2 adults & 2 children ( 9 & 11 )

I've been looking for:
    Short(ish) haul
    All Inclusive -( quite important)
    Decent pools ( a must as both boys are complete waterbabies !)
    This is for April 2019 10-12 nights

Last year we did Club Mac - Alcudia &
    Holiday Palace - Benalmadena
    While we enjoyed both of these, OH wants to try somewhere new
    ( as we've only ever been abroad twice )
    I thought we'd found the perfect place in Turkey ( Eftalia Aqua resort ) but then i read the reviews & have been scared off' so now i'm a bit stuck !!
    Sorry for the ramble & thank you all in advance !!
Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 35,844 Posts
    • 46,162 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    2019 !!!
    I worry about booking z couple of months ahead lol
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 6th Feb 18, 11:30 PM
    • 8,123 Posts
    • 8,361 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:30 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:30 PM
    Maybe start by reading this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3408003#1
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 7th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 5,008 Posts
    • 3,616 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    This forum is just for reporting holiday deals, will move to the correct board

Hi, we move threads if we think they!!!8217;ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • supergran2007
    • By supergran2007 7th Feb 18, 12:47 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    supergran2007
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:47 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:47 PM
    This forum is just for reporting holiday deals, will move to the correct board

Hi, we move threads if we think they!!!8217;ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Originally posted by heatherw_01
    Thank you for your reply.
    It would be helpful if you could possibly tell me where you have moved it to.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 7th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    https://marenostrumresort.expohotels.com/en/hotel-mediterranean-palace/

Tenerife might be too far for you ?

We have stayed in the Cleopatra Palace (best for couples) which is one of the 3 hotels within the Mare Nostrum complex.

The Mediterranean Palace looked really good for kids and teens - tried to book it last summer to take grandkids, very popular and fully booked well in advance - that speaks for itself.

https://www.jet2holidays.com/canary-islands/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/mediterranean-palace?gclid=CjwKCAiA5OrTBRBlEiwAXXhT6OvmCmhdmUchh q9Lu3-G1QkyIWUpk5-9pq442pASXLTaNJ4D8BPX1BoCKmYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 11th Feb 18, 4:54 AM
    • 3,398 Posts
    • 8,292 Thanks
    arthurdick
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:54 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:54 AM
    I will agree with Tenerife, just over 4 hours flight, some nice all inclusive hotels that are not too dear and the boys would love Siam Park. Los Cristianos , Playa De Las Americas or Adeje would be my choice.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin