Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• paroxsym!17
    • By paroxsym!17 6th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Boiler lost pressure and I can't access the valve
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    Boiler lost pressure and I can't access the valve 6th Feb 18 at 6:59 PM
    Hi all,

First post and I'm desperate! I had to bleed my radiators yesterday but one of the valves ended up popping out and water streaming onto my bathroom floor (not as great as it sounds, my landlord likes carpeted bathrooms...). Anyway, obviously the boiler lost pressure but I can't seem to work out any way of refilling it!

The underside of the boiler has holes cut for the pipes so even if I could unscrew the tray, I wouldn't have any give to get into the guts. The pipes themselves have valves, but I don't think the water intakes do. The pipes for those come up from the floor and split on a horizontal 90 degree corner piece, with one brain pipes and one flexi hose secured by a jubillee clips going into the boiler.

My landlord is terrifying and very angry at any contact from their tenants, so if I could do it myself I would be a lot happier. Any idea?
Page 1
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 6th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 1,886 Thanks
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    I'm struggling a bit to understand your description. The flexi hose is normally the filling loop, and there's normally a valve at each end.

To fill, open one, open the other a little. Once the water flows, wait until the pressure is up to normal, then turn both off.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,789Posts Today

7,218Users online

Martin's Twitter