Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mickog
    • By mickog 6th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 218Posts
    • 72Thanks
    mickog
    Asking for time to pay an FCN
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    Asking for time to pay an FCN 6th Feb 18 at 4:11 PM
    Good afternoon all i hope someone might be able to help me please. I have lost an appeal against a FCN and have now received an updated bill for £100. I have been trying to contact the company called Napier Parking, they have email, phone. I am not in able to pay the whole balance in one go as i am unable to work. I have contacted them by phone only answer machines, i have contacted them by Email and have be told there is no setup available for part payment. What can i do without having to borrow or put myself in dept with a loan. Many thanks for any help please.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    not a fixed penalty charge , its a private parking charge

you will not have bailiffs coming or in magistrates ,

chill and read the newbies thread , do not ring them again

this is the sort of scum you are dealing with http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5773282&highlight=napier
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 40,950 Posts
    • 81,736 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    You are now in ignore mode unless Napier try court. The NEWBIES thread explains everything you need to know about this scam.

There is no obligation for you to pay anything unless a judge tells you otherwise. Never, ever 'phone a parking scammer.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?

Complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

These are some of the comments made by MPs last Friday in parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry.

Cowboy companies, signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued, rogue parking companies, bloodsuckers, absolute disgrace, rogue operators, unfair charges and notices, wilfully misleading, signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead, unreasonable, designed to trap innocent drivers, a curse, harassing, operating in a disgusting way, appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing, loathed, outrageous scam, dodgy practice, outrageous abuse, unscrupulous practices.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    • 54,106 Posts
    • 67,779 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    Asking for time to pay an FCN
    You are joking?

What can i do without having to borrow or put myself in dept with a loan.
    Are you serious? People here don't PAY these scam parking charges!

Luckily, Napier currently use BW Legal who muck up court claims and were named and shamed by MPs in Parliament on Friday.

Come back if BW Legal send a letter, and read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread in readiness.

Stop planning on paying, what is wrong with people that they can't smell a scam these days?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Feb 18, 11:54 PM
    • 40,950 Posts
    • 81,736 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:54 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:54 PM
    You are joking?

Are you serious? People here don't PAY these scam parking charges!

Luckily, Napier currently use BW Legal who muck up court claims and were named and shamed by MPs in Parliament on Friday.

Come back if BW Legal send a letter, and read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread in readiness.

Stop planning on paying, what is wrong with people that they can't smell a scam these days?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Especially someone who has been a member of a money saving site for nearly ten years.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • mickog
    • By mickog 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    mickog
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has helped with such positive advice. I know i should be more confident in these sort of cases with such great members behind me, but until it happens to you and you are not in a great financial position to let things run over to far without getting worried. Napier are a regulated company i was told by CAB, they did not advise not paying them as it was a camera that showed me going in and then coming out. Sorry to say i have lost a little more of my bottle as time and age has gone by. Hope you understand what i mean thanks.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Feb 18, 8:07 AM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 3,235 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:07 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:07 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has helped with such positive advice. I know i should be more confident in these sort of cases with such great members behind me, but until it happens to you and you are not in a great financial position to let things run over to far without getting worried. Napier are a regulated company i was told by CAB, they did not advise not paying them as it was a camera that showed me going in and then coming out. Sorry to say i have lost a little more of my bottle as time and age has gone by. Hope you understand what i mean thanks.
    Originally posted by mickog
    A regulated company. Are they having a laugh? Regulated by who?

They are not regulated by anyone. Have you seen what was said in Parliament about these companies?

You might as well give your money to a Nigerian prince.
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 8:10 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:10 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:10 AM
    as you have been told , the Cab ARE NOT VERY GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO THIS , THE REFERENCE BOOK THEY USE WAS WRITTEN BY THE bpa , THE TRADE BODY THAT PROTECTS PARKING cOS (THERE MEMBERS)

as it happens Napier actually belong to another trade assoc , so the info was false as the codes of practice differ

regarding cameras , those are ANPR , not cctv , the sucsess rate of privatly owned/operated systems (that do not meet any standards is incredibly low , times are not syncronized ,

the main thing to remember is that a camera scans your car on entry (not when parked up) and again on exit (not when you leave bay)

over the last 6 yrs (oct 2012) onwards the trade assocs have had to accept what is called "grace periods" both on entry/exit

was that mentioned by CAB?

please take what they say with a pinch of salt
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 7th Feb 18, 9:01 AM
    • 2,701 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:01 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:01 AM
    Napier are a regulated company i was told by CAB

Sorry but that is just rubbish, there are no "regulations" CAB are useless with private parking scam ticket advice.

PPC's aren't set up to take payment plans as they are not credit brokers, and in anycase run a fine line just close to the COP their trade body sets them to trade by.

You have not said exactly what reason they dreamt up to send you this parking invoice in the first place.
    • mickog
    • By mickog 7th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    mickog
    Sorry i was dropping my daughter off in the car park for her to meet her friend they were doing a charity day fun run around Milton Keynes. I am a disabled driver so i asked my daughter to check the machines where we were stopped in a disabled bay and it was not working. her friend turned up and checked another machine close by that was out of action as well. We noticed the car park was at least half full with about 150 plus cars and that others were going to the machines but not able to pay or get a ticket. So we assumed that all the machines were out of action. I was in the car park for a total time of 17mins waiting for her friend to arrive she did not want to wait on her own. I do know that her friend did park her car in the car park for the whole of the charity event and did not receive a parking fine?.
    ps
    Sorry yes i am a 10 year veteran of the site, but old age and disabilities have effected me in so many ways now i do struggle to take things in and not to not worry. OLD AGE PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Feb 18, 11:50 AM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 3,235 Thanks
    waamo
    It sounds like Napier have acted unlawfully in ticketing you. As a disabled driver they are supposed to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Having broken machines and not allowing you extra time to find a working one is not reasonable.

This very issue was condemned in Parliament.
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 12:20 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    It sounds like Napier have acted unlawfully in ticketing you. As a disabled driver they are supposed to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Having broken machines and not allowing you extra time to find a working one is not reasonable.

This very issue was condemned in Parliament.
    Originally posted by waamo

they do seem to have a thing against children and the disabled dont they
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • mickog
    • By mickog 8th Feb 18, 8:21 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    mickog
    Thanks to everyone who took time to comment and give some advice on what to do, i will now forget about the ticket until if it re-appears on a court letter, but also i will contact our local MP and report them for there unfair treatment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,841Posts Today

7,057Users online

Martin's Twitter