Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lani88
    • By Lani88 6th Feb 18, 3:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lani88
    Parking charge notice from 4 years ago!
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:33 PM
    Parking charge notice from 4 years ago! 6th Feb 18 at 3:33 PM
    Hello,
    I am looking for some advice regarding an issue I am having with a parking charge notice from a debt recovery agency.

In December I recieved a letter asking me to pay a fine from 2014. It was addressed to my previous address but the letter is written to a different name although it would appear to be a spelling error.
    They are now chasing me for over double the amount as I have ignored the letter.

The are asking me about a fine from over 3 years ago. Which I remember paying off although no longer have on file as don't keep this information more than 2 years.

I'm not sure what to do next. As I don't not think it is fair or eligible to be chasing this now.

Any help would be greatful!
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Feb 18, 3:42 PM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:42 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:42 PM
    If this was for a private parking charge, it is not a fine and you should not have paid it.

You can safely ignore powerless debt collectors.
    Post 4 of the Sticky thread for NEWBIES tells you why it is safe to do so.

What is the name of the parking company please?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin