Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsZP
    • By MrsZP 6th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    MrsZP
    Parking ticket year old... HELP PLEASE
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    Parking ticket year old... HELP PLEASE 6th Feb 18 at 1:44 PM
    Iíve read the threads on this forum etc but I donít seem to be able to find an answer to my query/quandary.
    I was wondering if someone could give me advise/help me out if possible.
    I have received 2 letters from ZZPS acting on behalf of Civil Enforcement Ltd stating I have an outstanding PCN from July 2016 with them and they are acting on their behalf, just received on 11th December 2017 from ZZPS. Well over a year from the alleged PCN being issued. From what I recall I was over the allowed 60 minutes free parking, by 6 minutes in a GP surgery car park gone 6pm after the surgery was closed.
    I have now received 2 letters from QDR solicitors stating that the case has been passed to them and I need to pay the outstanding fee immediately and may consider to proceed to County Court proceeding. At no point had I received a letter from Civil Enforcement about this PCN.
    So I thought I would contact CEL about this initially stating ďI am writing to formally challenge the following parking ticket.!!!8232;Ticket no: XXXXXXXX
    Issued on: 23/07/16
    Vehicle reg: XXXXXXX
    Car park location: Veor Surgery, South Terrace, Camborne, TR14 8SN!!!8232;!!!8232;I am writing to formally challenge the above PCN.!!!8232;!!!8232;On 23/07/16 my vehicle was issued with the parking ticket above for the following reason: Maximum 60 mins parking.!!!8232;!!!8232;I am challenging this parking ticket because The charge isnít proportionate to the normal free parking for 60 minutes or the losses caused to the company or landowner. This was well over a year ago and the car was parked in the car park after the surgery had closed, so would not affect people trying to find spaces as it was closed. I was attending the police station for an appointment with a police officer and couldnít find any spaces in the police station car park, and unfortunately this was the only place I could find. Also I believe I was only over the time a lot by 6 minutes.!!!8232;
    For this reason, I look forward to receiving notification within 28 days that the PCN has been cancelled.Ē

and appeal but they have come back and said it had been passed to Debt Recovery agents and any correspondence should be through them.

I am at a loss as to what to do as the costs keep rising.
    Any help with a year old ticket would be great. Or have I shot myself in the foot for saying what I did to them?

Thanks
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    search the forum for QDR

if as you say this is SIX minutes , have a laugh at them in court

stop ringing them!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • MrsZP
    • By MrsZP 6th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsZP
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    Do you think it will go to court? Worrying a bit now.

I haven!!!8217;t rung them at all. I!!!8217;ve read up on numerous posts not to at all.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 17,320 Posts
    • 21,707 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    CEL may well try court , yes , they regularly do so

but we would think you would win if it went to court, and they often drop out when the court fee is due if a good defence is argued
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 11:22 PM
    • 53,987 Posts
    • 67,656 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:22 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:22 PM
    Do you think it will go to court?
    Yes and no.

Court papers yes, you submitting a defence with our help this year, yes. That's all.

A hearing in a court? Nope. Read about what happens by searching 'CEL discontinuance'.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MrsZP
    • By MrsZP 8th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsZP
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    I would love to have some help on this. Once I get any papers, I!!!8217;ll post on this thread and hope to get this sorted.
    Is that on this forum or googling it?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 5,641 Posts
    • 4,339 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    Use the forum search facility described here:

Choose Show Posts
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 8,143 Posts
    • 7,453 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    Whether you get court papers or not, this is a scam. Watch what MPs said about these crooks last week in the HoC and complain in the strongest of terms to your MP

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41x
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 34,500 Posts
    • 18,466 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    Edit your OP to remove all the identifying info you have given there

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

500Posts Today

5,803Users online

Martin's Twitter