Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dog_wont_eat_cucumber
    • By dog_wont_eat_cucumber 6th Feb 18, 1:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dog_wont_eat_cucumber
    0 WOW
    Can you cancel flight at no cost in 24 hours?
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Can you cancel flight at no cost in 24 hours? 6th Feb 18 at 1:40 PM
    Airline Ryanair.

Stuffed up the return date by picking from the wrong month drop down box.

Tried to use 24hour grace period to correct the date through online chat. Correct date should have been cheaper. They refused to allow me to do this, saying I could only change to a more expensive ticket so sold me the correct date for some made up higher price meaning I had to give them the difference.

If I could just cancel the whole lot and start again I could get it cheaper for the initial price and dates I actually wanted.

Is it possible to cancel for zero fee, all money back within 24hours or not?

Cheers
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 6th Feb 18, 1:46 PM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 8,078 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:46 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:46 PM
    Airline Ryanair.

Stuffed up the return date by picking from the wrong month drop down box.

Tried to use 24hour grace period to correct the date through online chat. Correct date should have been cheaper. They refused to allow me to do this, saying I could only change to a more expensive ticket so sold me the correct date for some made up higher price meaning I had to give them the difference.

If I could just cancel the whole lot and start again I could get it cheaper for the initial price and dates I actually wanted.

Cheers
    Originally posted by dog_wont_eat_cucumber
    Usually it is possible, but I have only heard of people doing this by telephone to Ryanair rather than on-line chat.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 6th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 11,025 Posts
    • 7,226 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    Ryanair do not do refunds but will do corrections within 24 hours (wrong dates etc) but no full refund like many other airlines offer
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 6th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    Pick up the phone and speak to them, worth a shot.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 1,257 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    Westin
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM

It is a concession that is offered and is discretionary. There is no legal obligation in the U.K./EU for a right to cancel free of charge within that time period if you make an error. Many airlines will however allow changes penalty free if a mistake is made. It is therefore important to carefully check everything not only before pressing the ‘Buy’ button but also immediately the confirmation email/paperwork is received.

In the US I believe there is a 24h period for cancelling if booking direct with a US airline.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,480Users online

Martin's Twitter