Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fracamac
    • By fracamac 6th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 2Thanks
    fracamac
    SAYE tax query
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    SAYE tax query 6th Feb 18 at 11:36 AM
    My wife has a save as you earn share scheme. Itís matured but the current share price is lower than the purchase share price. Been holding off waiting to see if it will go up, but the 6 month period is up next month so she needs to make a decision.

Is she liable ta pay tax as earnings if she withdraws the savings in cash? Read a couple of differing things, including even that she might be due a tax bonus?

The value isnít enough to be liable for CGT.

Thank you for any help.
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 7,731 Posts
    • 9,689 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    No tax if she takes the cash.

She can choose what to spend / invest it on then.

If there's no compulsion to buy share is your own company through the benefit of a discount the last firm I'd buy shares at cost in would be my own employer.

I'd suggest investing, but elsewhere. Maybe once the current international market wobble has settled.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter