Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • janesteer
    • By janesteer 6th Feb 18, 11:26 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    janesteer
    House Of Fraser/Laura Ashley PPi
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:26 AM
    House Of Fraser/Laura Ashley PPi 6th Feb 18 at 11:26 AM
    Hi
    I have claimed PPI on House of Fraser and Laura Ashley store cards, I spoke to Santander today and they have told me that my claim has been upheld and an offer letter is being sent to me, my query is I took these store cards out in the late 80s but Santander has stated I took them out in 2001, I queried this with them but they said although I took them out in 1988 PPI wasn't paid on them until 2001, would this be correct because I don't remember receiving any correspondence agreeing to adding PPI and furthermore 2001 would have been when I closed my accounts down.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Feb 18, 11:29 AM
    • 15,479 Posts
    • 16,405 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:29 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:29 AM
    If you have evidence you were paying PPI earlier, send it to them.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem any reason to doubt what they're saying.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    • 19,448 Posts
    • 10,548 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    I don't remember receiving any correspondence agreeing to adding PPI
    Originally posted by janesteer
    If you have documentation (statements) which contradicts what the Bank say then you should present (copies) of them.

Otherwise, your memory of 20 years ago is easily trumped by the Bank's records.

Remember that PPI was only paid when the store card had a balance. It is therefore entirely possible for you to have opened your account in 1988, yet not paid any PPI until 2001. The fact that you also closed the account in 2001 is incidental.
    • janesteer
    • By janesteer 6th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janesteer
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    Thanks for your r comments I donít have any paperwork from the claims but I do know that there was always an outstanding balance on the accounts. What I donít understand is why Santander are saying I opened the accounts in 2001 when I know they were opened in1988, I was wondering if previous to this they didnít charge PPI?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,263Posts Today

8,653Users online

Martin's Twitter