Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • carmenkc
    • By carmenkc 6th Feb 18, 10:58 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    carmenkc
    Harrods wont refund to payment card
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:58 AM
    Harrods wont refund to payment card 6th Feb 18 at 10:58 AM
    Hi all. I bought a hamper at Christmas from Harrods as a present and paid £12 for named day delivery. I purchased with a gift card of £100 and the balance on my credit card. The delivery date was missed and it was delivered late. Harrods agreed to refund me the price of the delivery. However the £12 was refunded back onto the gift card. I asked if it could be put onto my credit card because lets be honest there's not much I can do with a £12 Harrods gift card!! they said this was not possible as the gift card had paid the majority of the cost. Is this accurate?
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 6th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 9,741 Posts
    • 10,949 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    Most, if not all retailers will refund onto a gift card first if one was used for partial payment.
    I know it's not ideal but they aren't breaking any laws by doing this.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 6th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 3,374 Posts
    • 9,274 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    Lots of retailers refund to a gift card first if payment is made by both gift card and another payment form. Several threads on here about this scenario in the last month and they are within their rights to do this.
    • carmenkc
    • By carmenkc 6th Feb 18, 11:21 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    carmenkc
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:21 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:21 AM
    Thanks very much for the replies! Will just have to take the gift card and hope for a really good sale!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

8,529Users online

Martin's Twitter