Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 5th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 62Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Cheap Sanitary Products
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    Cheap Sanitary Products 5th Feb 18 at 5:02 PM
    Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks folks,
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • Spencerx
    • By Spencerx 7th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Spencerx
    I'd never thought about the need to have free sanitary products until last year. I think there could be a problem with exactly what would be available for free. People have different preferences and to be honest us women have managed up until now. Years ago, before my time, women would have had to wash whatever they hard worn and use again. Where I live we have a Donation Station set up by a very caring man, with some helpers, where we can donate food, clothes etc and he is aware of most of the homeless people in our town and can give out stuff as and when needed. When certain things are in short supply he puts a message on FB and people can donate what they can. I have donated sanitary products to this cause in the past. People tend to think of food and clothes first and don't think of sanitary products. I have also donated toiletries and towels to the local winter night shelter. Towels I usually by from charity shops, washed and then donated so it's a win win situation.
    • Sraider
    • By Sraider 7th Feb 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Sraider
    Sraider
    All right ladies, most men with partners know at least some of the problems with sanitary problems and can sympathise but spare a thought for your other half.
    A great deal of men also have problems, especially those with prostate problems, which have had a great deal of publicity of late with the rate of prostate cancer now overtaking the rate of breast cancer.
    Prostate cancer patients have a great problem with urinary retention and need a pad just the same as ladies but if you search for them in all the supermarkets all you find at the end of the big ladies aisle of sanitary products are a box of 10 Tena for men level 2 retailing at £4.00. A rip off at 40 pence each and I have found no alternatives.
    Let's hear it for the men for a change, any solutions out there?
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 7th Feb 18, 9:54 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 4,721 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Prostate cancer patients have a great problem with urinary retention and need a pad just the same as ladies but if you search for them in all the supermarkets all you find at the end of the big ladies aisle of sanitary products are a box of 10 Tena for men level 2 retailing at £4.00. A rip off at 40 pence each and I have found no alternatives.
    Let's hear it for the men for a change, any solutions out there?
    Originally posted by Sraider
    We nursed my mum at home, when she had a terminal brain tumour, the palliative care team and the district nurses were wonder full and provided everything we asked for with one exception. Our trust only provides incontinence pads in the community for patients whose problems are related to urinary tract disease, so as mums continence problems were caused by loss of feeling from pressure in the brain we had to provide them ourselves. Not a problem to us financially, but I can see there would be people in the same situation who would have to make sacrifices to keep a loved one comfortable.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,996Posts Today

9,229Users online

Martin's Twitter