Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BBH123
    • By BBH123 5th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 559Posts
    • 912Thanks
    BBH123
    Block Buildings Insurance Recommendations
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    Block Buildings Insurance Recommendations 5th Feb 18 at 4:15 PM
    Hi We have recently taken over the management of our flats and need to renew the buildings insurance soon,

we are 3 flats in a Victorian terrace and would be grateful for any good insurers recommendations.
    Save 12k in 2018 challenge #14
    484 / 10000
    Saving for Christmas 2018 - £1 a day challenge
    #15 59/365
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 32,910 Posts
    • 17,738 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    As this is a commercial insurance proposition, a decent broker would be your best first port of call.

Avoid Swinton though.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • PrivateClients
    • By PrivateClients 7th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PrivateClients
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    I am a broker and place most of our small stuff like this on a scheme with the AXA flats policy. I like their broker portal, it produces nice quotes, it's less hassle than a lot of others and its also quite cheap for an all risks policy, and you can add terrorism cover through Pool Re. If looking for a broker try the BIBA find a broker service.

If you want to have a go yourself you could always try someone like Rentguard or Vasek insurance who I think deal directly with retail customers. They are agencies so have one policy but the policy could potentially be underwritten by a range of supporting insurers which can help keep the price lower at renewal. It also means that your policy is likely to be ultimately underwritten by a decent insurer that you have heard of.

To be honest, a decent brokers will also have its own claims brokers to advocate for you in a claim, can produce split invoices for each leaseholder to pay their share, and can help calmly manage some more tense situations like in an escape of water claim where one flat affects the other.

Let us know how you get on!
    Lloyds broker working in Private Clients and Property Owners.

Looking to help and be helped.
    • BBH123
    • By BBH123 7th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 559 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    BBH123
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    Thankyou both I will use this advise.
    Save 12k in 2018 challenge #14
    484 / 10000
    Saving for Christmas 2018 - £1 a day challenge
    #15 59/365
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,530Posts Today

8,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks for all the tweets this week. I'm about to sign off for the weekend. See you next week. Have a good one. Martin

• RT @TimesMoney: Is this how you feel about your student loan? @MartinSLewis has some advice for you. Read our exclusive interview in @Times?

• RT @brokenbottleboy: @MartinSLewis I look better now than I did when I was in my twenties. Grey hair has been a good thing!

• Follow Martin