Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PaulJM
    • By PaulJM 5th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 511Posts
    • 350Thanks
    PaulJM
    Bank switch guarantee, issues with HSBC and M&S
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    Bank switch guarantee, issues with HSBC and M&S 5th Feb 18 at 3:47 PM
    Hi all,

Anyone got any advice on this?

At the start of December, I moved my Nationwide current account to a HSBC one.
    Seemed to work fine, and obviously relying on the switch guarantee, I presumed it would stay that way.

2 very strange things have happened this week -

My M&S loan direct debit failed - even though they took it successfully from the new account at the end of Dec. HSBC blame M&S because they'd already taken a payment previously from HSBC, so they seem to have defaulted back to my own account. M&S reckon that in December they will have used the old nationwide account, but that will have auto taken it from the HSBC one. They say they have no record of the new HSBC one.
    I've paid this month's payment and changed the DD, but I'm really annoyed that this should happen.

My Microsoft payment never changed to the new account - this one was on a reoccurring card payment though, so I'm told this isn't covered by the guarantee. If that's the case, fair enough, but I can't find those details on the switch guarantee site.
    *edit but leaving in to make the point - having read the small print, these CPA's aren't moved over, so they didn't get this wrong. I think this should be clearer though, easy to get caught out*
    Last edited by PaulJM; 05-02-2018 at 3:51 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter