Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 5th Feb 18, 2:29 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Mermaid89
    Response from FOS
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:29 PM
    Response from FOS 5th Feb 18 at 2:29 PM
    Hi all,

Currently completing a PPI reclaim for my Dad. It was initially rejected by Santander which stated the following: The claim against GE Money (now Santander) is not upheld as it is 'time-barred' as more than 15 years passed between the PPI being taken out and the date I made the complaint.

So naturally with nothing to lose, I escalated this to the financial ombudsman as the account was opened in 1994 and PPI has only just been cancelled due the complaint. I received this today from the FOS:

“When you first brought this complaint to us, you expressed the business you feel mis-sold you the PPI policy was Santander Cards UK Limited and it was they who wrote to you.

Santander Cards aren’t in our remit to look into, as they weren’t regulated at the time the policy was sold. I can see in their final response letter they’ve issued their response on behalf of Financial Insurance Company Limited – so I’ve set the complaint up against them.

We’re currently waiting for them to issue us their business file, so once this is received we’ll review this and then get in touch.

If you have any questions in the meantime however, please call or write into us and let us know.”

So, sounds like the FOS will now give opportunity to FIC to investigate. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what was the outcome, was it upheld?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 91,118 Posts
    • 58,135 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    So, sounds like the FOS will now give opportunity to FIC to investigate. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what was the outcome, was it upheld?
    Some have. Some havent.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 19,511 Posts
    • 10,608 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    Originally posted by Mermaid89
    The outcome of other complaints is irrelevant to yours I'm afraid.

Even if every other complaint to that lender had previously been rejected yours could still be successful..
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 5th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    Yes I understand, thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,919Posts Today

7,848Users online

Martin's Twitter