Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• pdawczak
    • By pdawczak 5th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LISA and Shared Ownership
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    LISA and Shared Ownership 5th Feb 18 at 1:43 PM

First of all - I'm only starting to use this forum and I've already found plenty of great discussions - I've learned a lot!

I've tried to do some digging here, but I've failed to find answer to my question - if I've misted it, please point me in proper direction. Any help would be appreciated!

My question is about using LISA with Shared Ownership - as described in the LISA webpage (either bank offering it or government), it can be used towards property valued £450,000 and less. Is is applicable for the total value, or only the value of share I'm planning to take?

Again, thank you for your help!
Page 1
    • PerfectMess
    • By PerfectMess 5th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    I think I remember on the LISA thread over on the ISA forum that someone mentions full value of the property.
    • pdawczak
    • By pdawczak 6th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    Thank you - I'll try to look up the mentioned thread then.

Just as a matter of curiosity - is hose price negotiable with HA at all? The price of houses available are £475,000-500,000 so quite close to the maximum required by LISA. Would house price negotiation something we could consider in our situation?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,522Users online

Martin's Twitter