Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • minibbb
    • By minibbb 5th Feb 18, 8:18 AM
    • 331Posts
    • 80Thanks
    minibbb
    Has anyone fitted Polyflor LVT flooring?
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:18 AM
    Has anyone fitted Polyflor LVT flooring? 5th Feb 18 at 8:18 AM
    Morning folks
    We need new flooring for the entire downstairs of our house- we have dogs so hard flooring and something hard-wearing is ideal.

Originally we were looking at quickstep LVT (glue down) but I came across polyflor this week which seems to have a great range of colours and is cheaper at about £16pm inc vat

Has anyone got it and can provide feedback on both appearance and how it's wearing please? After a mid to dark colour wood effect.

Many thanks!
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 5th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 24,469 Posts
    • 67,341 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    We have it. Have had it down for 18 months.

It!!!8217;s great. Not sure what else to say. We have two dogs, a builder and two rugby players in the house. It gets tested.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • minibbb
    • By minibbb 5th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    minibbb
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    Ooh thanks Doozergirl that's great to hear! Was worried the lower price point may mean it wasn't as good.

Can you remember which one you have? The Camaro range looks good but I also like a couple in the affinity range which are the commercial ones and apparently a bit tougher wearing.
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 5th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1,456 Posts
    • 2,120 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    Not used the Polyfloor range, but I do have LVT click-lock tiles in the kitchen. They've only been down a few months so far, so can't comment on durability... But dead easy to lay, and if the tiles need to be lifted for any reason, it is not a problem.

I have a manhole cover in the middle of the kitchen (don't ask why...) and have had to gain access to it over Christmas. Having click-lock tiles made it so much easier than it would have been with glue down or sheet vinyl.

A couple of comments re the click-lock tiles - Wastage is quite high when fitting round units & awkward walls. Heavy furniture will leave a mark where the legs make contact with the floor. Worth putting small offcuts of tiles under the legs to reduce the problem.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • lg13mza
    • By lg13mza 5th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    lg13mza
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    We did the whole bungalow in Camaro loc. From a wear point of view its great, although we don't where shoes inside. The only issue I have had is where the floor wasn't as level as it should have been and you can see where the backing of the tile has cracked. But that is down to the quality of the fitting (me!)
    • J B
    • By J B 5th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2,566 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    J B
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    Long story short ...
    We did all the research and chose Polyflor as it seemed to tick all the boxes for price and durability. We were going to put it into our new project to do holiday lets.
    Sadly under building regs the apartments needed to pass an acoustic test which required a certain underlay which Polyflor wouldn't guarantee their product on top of.
    We went back to the drawing board and ended up with Lifestyle Flooring
    http://www.lifestyle-designerfloors.co.uk/designerfloors
    (crap website BTW!)
    which hopefully ticks all the boxes for durability and is guaranteed on top of acoustic matting.
    • minibbb
    • By minibbb 5th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    minibbb
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    Really helpful stuff thanks folks !!!55357;!!!56397; sounds like it should be fine then.

I'll check out the lifestyle stuff too JB thanks- noise isn't such an issue as we are in a house but useful to know nonetheless
    • J B
    • By J B 5th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    • 2,566 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    J B
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    noise isn't such an issue as we are in a house but useful to know nonetheless
    Originally posted by minibbb
    It wasn't the noise that was the issue, just the warranty that was a doubt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter