Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• nmlc
    • By nmlc 5th Feb 18, 6:13 AM
    • 2,991Posts
    • 41,036Thanks
    O/S Daily Monday 5th February 2018
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 5th February 2018 5th Feb 18 at 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 5th February 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, dry but cold.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Lunch yesterday wasn't how we planned, DH and I were going out to an event, but his work colleagues have got the lurgy and cough which they have now passed on to him, although he's got an awful cough, he's not as bad as he was before xmas and this is a different bug, more just a cold with a cough. So we didn't go out as planned, lunch was the sausage , mash and veg in a giant toad in the hole for the boys, DH and I had roast potatoes, chicken and stuffing, carrots, peas, and gravy, I had roast pots, chicken and stuffing, carrots, peas, kale, green beans and gravy, HM xmas pud with custard/rum sauce for those that wanted some. Tonight we'll be having gammon, egg, chips/jacket potato and peas.

Back to work today, hoping it's busy - it just makes the day fly by if so.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 05-02-2018 at 7:21 AM.
Page 2
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 5th Feb 18, 12:08 PM
    • 12,404 Posts
    • 38,565 Thanks
    Good morning (well it was when I started writing this )

I know i must be late as nanny has beaten me too it

Had some work to finish off this morning and a shed load of emails to ditch or sort. One of my work colleagues wanted to chat for some time as well which I could have done without but hey ho anyway thats my excuse and I am sticking to it and I was awake at 6.20 as usual so cant believe the morning has disappeared

Anyway I have a pea and ham soup cooking on the hob so ill have a bowl of that for dinner with some crusty bread i cooked the ham in coke yesterday and had a slab for dinner it was gorgeous

Kitchen is a wreck again though so that needs sorting later and the soup will need portioning up too so hopefully enough for mum and my freezer.

Right best crack on or it will be evening before I know
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 5th Feb 18, 2:12 PM
    • 10,268 Posts
    • 111,544 Thanks
    D'you thing anyone will notice if I wring a certain gentleman's neck and bury him under the patio?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 5th Feb 18, 2:16 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 12,573 Thanks
    Oh dear what's he done? Feeling a bit like that about mine at the moment.

"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 5th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    LameWolf I don't think telling us where he is planted, would be such a good idea. We might let slip his whereabouts when under torture of chocolate, lots of chocolate
    Nelski I have been up all night apart from about an hour, so you wouldn't have been able to beat me today. Tomorrow however will be a different matter . I will probably be back to normalish as we have a funeral in the morning, but we don't know if we will feel up to the "do" afterwards. We may just come straight home, we'll see.
    This afternoon I have ironed Mr Fix It's white shirt ready for the morning and emptied the DW, so that's my lot for today. I'm aiming to have an early night as I am unable to nanna nap .
    I also bought some lemons while out shopping so I have made honey and lemon tea for both of us. We will fight this darn cold OS style!
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 5th Feb 18, 5:16 PM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 42,494 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Oh dear LW, at least I can throw mine in the cut!
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 5th Feb 18, 5:26 PM
    • 15,641 Posts
    • 132,570 Thanks
    Evening all, well a lovely lunch out with my friend, and I'm full up, and then we waited in for the engineer to arrive as my central heating packed up this morning .Bless him he did arrive, and was so apologetic that he hadn't got the part he needed on his van, but has promised me to fix it tomorrow morning

Sod's law that the coldest night of the year and I have no CH brrr its a bit nippy.I have a an electric blow air fire in the sitting room and that's blasting away at the moment. I am sitting here with my feet on a hot water bottle and a big furry throw over my knees.DD texted me to say 'come round to our house Mum' but I said 'no its OK, a night wrapped up won't kill me' and its just too cold to venture out .Very icy outside at the moment .

Lots of layers will keep the cold out and a flask of hot drinks taken up with me will keep me warm inside as well.

JackieO xx

I shall have an early supper and probably pootle off to bed early, as I can read or watch tv on my laptop and its warmer in bed than sitting up
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year
    Jan; £29.22. Feb:£30.49 March £19.11
    • Gers
    • By Gers 5th Feb 18, 7:28 PM
    • 6,181 Posts
    • 38,311 Thanks
    Oh dear Jackie, never fails! Iím sure youíre taking in hot drinks and coping well.

My day was mostly fine with interludes of frustration and annoyance. Itíll be fine tomorrow. Iíve booked my car in for a servivysnd itís first MOT later this month. All productive.

My crispy macaroni cheese was almost perfect. It was so tasty and I was so ready for it.

Thereís a forecast of overnight snow which will disappear before morning. Same for Tuesday into Wednesday too.

Retiring now to a space of warmth and comfort - aka bed.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 5th Feb 18, 9:50 PM
    • 15,641 Posts
    • 132,570 Thanks
    I am happily tucked up in my bed with two hot water bottles (can't beat them for being toastie )and a flask of hot lemon barley water which I really like.I have layered up as well, so I am not going to think about how cold it is outside at the moment I pity so poor devil who is sleeping rough tonight .

I have done a couple of jigsaws on my lap-top and now going to have a read, Night night all keep warm if you can

JackieO xx
    Last edited by JackieO; 06-02-2018 at 8:06 AM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year
    Jan; £29.22. Feb:£30.49 March £19.11
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,602Posts Today

7,249Users online

Martin's Twitter