Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stueybuk
    • By stueybuk 4th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 39Thanks
    stueybuk
    ITOnlineLearning
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    ITOnlineLearning 4th Feb 18 at 10:22 PM
    Hi guys, I have just signed up to ITOnlinelearning after an exchange of emails assuring me that this included qualifications for the training that I wanted to do. 12 days in I realise this isn't the case and they only provide me with a certificate for completing the training and not the actual qualification I wanted. I have paid a £70 deposit of the full balance of £695. I paid via credit card, what rights do I have to get out of this ?

Any help appreciated,

Stu.
Page 1
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 5th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 4,092 Posts
    • 4,482 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 5th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    From their FAQ:

Are the certifications recognised qualifications?
    Yes, they are. Our certification courses follow the official curriculums and ensure that you are prepared for the official exams. Once you have passed your exam, you receive your certification directly from the awarding body (Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, EC-Council, APMG etc.)

So to answer your question we would need to know more - what qualification did you want to do and what qualification did they assure you that you would obtain?

If you signed up to a PRINCE2 course then you wouldn't expect an MCSE qualification out of it for example.
    • stueybuk
    • By stueybuk 5th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    stueybuk
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I am hoping to get the CompTia A+ and N+ also a microsoft MCSA and Cisco CCENT. I have now been told I have to pay approx £100 extra per exam if I want the full qualification.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 5th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    • 18,995 Posts
    • 19,383 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    From their FAQ:

Are the certifications recognised qualifications?
    Yes, they are. Our certification courses follow the official curriculums and ensure that you are prepared for the official exams. Once you have passed your exam, you receive your certification directly from the awarding body (Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, EC-Council, APMG etc.)

So to answer your question we would need to know more - what qualification did you want to do and what qualification did they assure you that you would obtain?

If you signed up to a PRINCE2 course then you wouldn't expect an MCSE qualification out of it for example.
    Originally posted by robatwork
    I don't think that's what happening. This is very slippery wording which implies that the cost of exam is included, when in fact it isn't. It's funny that you should refer to PRINCE2, as I had much the same experience when I investigated courses for that. Fortunately for me I was NOT sucked in and managed to clarify that the fee didn't include the (approx £300) cost of sitting the exam.

Thanks for the reply, I am hoping to get the CompTia A+ and N+ also a microsoft MCSA and Cisco CCENT. I have now been told I have to pay approx £100 extra per exam if I want the full qualification.
    Originally posted by stueybuk
    What did the emails actually say? With any luck your salesman (yes, in my experience they are men!) will have worded something which commits them to the exam fee.........
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 6th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    • 4,092 Posts
    • 4,482 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    I don't get the £100 premium. I just clicked on CompTIA A+ and it's pretty clear you need to pay extra for the exam:
    PRICE
    £329

Includes VAT
    Exam Option
    Yes, Include Exams £350

OK it could be bigger but the tick box is obvious.

As jm said above, what is the wording of the emails you received?
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 6th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 18,995 Posts
    • 19,383 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    Don't forget, the OP didn't necessarily sign up via the same link you accessed. However, OP, it might be possible to get a partial win on this one. Ring the company, say that you have paid the deposit but that you'd like to upgrade to the package which includes the exams. (Use the word upgrade. Make them feel they are selling you something extra.) Ask what this will cost. This may/is likely to be a cheaper route than buying the exams separately, and will make the salesman feel he has sold a bigger package. (Perhaps don't say you were going to do the exams anyway, say you've been so impressed with them that you've decided to go for the bigger package???)
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    • stueybuk
    • By stueybuk 7th Feb 18, 4:12 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    stueybuk
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:12 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:12 PM
    Can't get a straight answer at the moment, they are saying that their certification is recognised in the UK IT Industry and that I would only need to take the exams if I were wanting to work internationally. I'm not really believing this, it's difficult to get anything out of them as they only reply to one email every other day.
    • stueybuk
    • By stueybuk 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    stueybuk
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    This is the most recent email I received.
    "Hi Stuart,

The training certificates show you have completed each fully accredited course - for example CompTIA A+. You can only use these with UK companys. If you want to do the international exams then you will need to do these on top. You are looking at around £100 per exam and i can book them in for you. From speaking to you i assumed it was just UK based certs and work you was after ? But i can help out if you want to do the other option but this isnt essential.

Thanks,"
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 4,092 Posts
    • 4,482 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    Is that the exact email as pasted? With companys and "work you was after"?

Run.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 7th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 18,995 Posts
    • 19,383 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    Are you surprised? The standard of literacy in most companys (ha ha ha) nowadays is beyond appalling.

The OP has already paid a deposit, so running isn't really an option. (And, to be fair, the presentation of written work by the salesperson doesn't necessarily reflect the courses sold. Although there were plenty of grammatical errors in the PRINCE2 I took....)
    Last edited by jobbingmusician; 07-02-2018 at 9:09 PM.

• stueybuk
    • By stueybuk 8th Feb 18, 9:05 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    stueybuk
    I did pick up on the poor language, unfortunately this does follow through in to the test questions. There are multiple spelling mistakes, incorrect wording and even completely incorrect questions/Answers.
    • Energize
    • By Energize 9th Feb 18, 11:18 PM
    • 424 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    Energize
    Their certificates count for nothing.

The only thing that matters are the actual qualifications awarded by Cisco and Microsoft ie. CCNA/MCSA which can only be obtained by taking exams at accredited test centres and are internationally recognised.

If they have told you that you would get the actual qualification then you don't owe them anything as that's fraud by false representation as per the fraud act 2006.

Their trustpilot reviews are pretty damning as well, numerous people complaining about the terrible quality of the spelling and grammar.

The OP has already paid a deposit, so running isn't really an option.
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    Unless you are advocating throwing good money after bad I would certainly run!
    Last edited by Energize; 09-02-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

9,267Users online

Martin's Twitter